Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter

There's twittermongs kicking off about this saying it's clear we've no money as we're not spending big sums on new players.

How do these folk get through their day to day lives?

There was one fuckwit on Faals Twitter saying he needs to sort out his goal scoring duck.  The lads played about 18 fucking minutes.

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

There's twittermongs kicking off about this saying it's clear we've no money as we're not spending big sums on new players.

How do these folk get through their day to day lives?

There was one fuckwit on Faals Twitter saying he needs to sort out his goal scoring duck.  The lads played about 18 fucking minutes.

Brace or a hat-trick with the chances our midfield muster up

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Why is it cranks like Shortland only seem interested when there is a sniff of potential ownership or financial trouble? I don't see likes of them talking about football. Only when some half-baked story about trouble kicks in does he start....

He’s a proper twat. And also was a FPBE twat to boot. 

The other scenario is that the reality of our less than sustainable existance has kicked in & that although they have saved the club from the abyss(fv) there remains a financial problem that will require further investment particularly since most of our fans dont see a five or ten year plan as an attractive proposition .Gates are good now but experience tells us that stagnation will see off a good proportion of our exsting support . So it could be the twitterati might have point & than Kenyon is the man hired to seek out a suitable sucker, sorry investor.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

The other scenario is that the reality of our less than sustainable existance has kicked in & that although they have saved the club from the abyss(fv) there remains a financial problem that will require further investment particularly since most of our fans dont see a five or ten year plan as an attractive proposition .Gates are good now but experience tells us that stagnation will see off a good proportion of our exsting support . So it could be the twitterati might have point & than Kenyon is the man hired to seek out a suitable sucker, sorry investor.

You are right that further investment is required, but if aunty Sharon considers Peter Kenyon is the man to get some investment in it's all positive. We all know we are still in intensive care.

How long do you reckon 'stagnation' will last ? If PK comes up trumps and we get any sort of investment this season your five or ten years could one or two years. As we mostly have written off this season as regards results and relegation, it could depend on next season.  If we kick off next season with a flourish and can get back up to D1 we're laughing as we tread water.

This seasons support has already been more or less assured through STs, and superb away support, and going off the highly scientific poll on WWays next season could be as good supportwise.

It's also worth remembering that everybody (unless you are a Wanderer) thinks extinction is too good for us, so they are hardly unbiased views.

Fuck 'em.

5 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Sadly I agree with this.

You only have to look at other industries to draw parallel examples. Aviation is my domain, where Flybe, who were ‘rescued’ less than 12 months ago, now find themselves seeking further investment to keep them going. 

Edited by Daveh

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Daveh said:

Sadly I agree with this.

You only have to look at other industries to draw parallel examples. Aviation is my domain, where Flybe, who were ‘rescued’ less than 12 months ago, now find themselves seeking further investment to keep them going. 

But Flybe, like us, are still in there swinging, and if they get the investment, like us  the sky's the limit. Literally in their case.

2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

But Flybe, like us, are still in there swinging, and if they get the investment, like us  the sky's the limit. Literally in their case.

Flybe are on a "stop sell" order in the TA business right now. The only real trade they're doing is directly through their own site. They won't be around next year.

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

if you stick to the rules which they clearly show you are fine. Folk only don’t like them as they’ve not followed their rules. EasyJet, Ryanair, vueling are all fine just need to follow their rules

Correct, as ever.

28 minutes ago, Big E said:

if you stick to the rules which they clearly show you are fine. Folk only don’t like them as they’ve not followed their rules. EasyJet, Ryanair, vueling are all fine just need to follow their rules

Unfortunately a lot of numpties aren't able to do that. Very rarely that they let you down. 

31 minutes ago, Big E said:

if you stick to the rules which they clearly show you are fine. Folk only don’t like them as they’ve not followed their rules. EasyJet, Ryanair, vueling are all fine just need to follow their 

Double post

Edited by jeep

32 minutes ago, Big E said:

I know how to stick to the rules thanks.

The booking process is piss easy, but it's once you start to deal with the staff at the airport and on the plane that it goes tits.

10 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I know how to stick to the rules thanks.

The booking process is piss easy, but it's once you start to deal with the staff at the airport and on the plane that it goes tits.

Genuinely always found the staff sound. Bags the right size so they don’t bother me. They try to help families not sat together and generally struggling. Airport staff seem fine providing luggage isn’t overweight. 

shame you’ve had bad experiences

51 minutes ago, Big E said:

Genuinely always found the staff sound. Bags the right size so they don’t bother me. They try to help families not sat together and generally struggling. Airport staff seem fine providing luggage isn’t overweight. 

shame you’ve had bad experiences

Several unfortunately. It won’t happen again.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, tomski said:

Kenyon and Hill make me a bit queasy. A whiff of man ure hitting us.

Rags tend to be ego driven and I can see a fall out at some point.

Wouldn't surprise me 1 little bit if neither of these are at the club come the 1st game of next season