Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
TrickyTrotter

FV Ownership Model

Recommended Posts

Just give these two twonks a thread of their own. Better still a website to themselves. Oh i forgot they had one but had to come over to WW to educate us peasants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

You've more patience than me Sluffy. My God there are some dopes support BWFC. Not lived in Bolton for more than half my life and only missed a handful of home games in the last 25 years but I get increasingly depressed at the tripe I hear and read. And I can't see that there's the slightest indication of it getting better.

Eddie Davies was no better than he ought to be and Ken Anderson was the messiah was the general view expressed at what was probably the last ever AGM of Burnden Leisure. KA had made a lot of correct and essential decisions and got us through two critical years but ...

Smart people generally keep their thoughts to themselves which, I'm afraid,  makes you and I a bit daft even bothering to try to explain anything rationally.

You keeping your thoughts to yourself!! 😂🤣😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

You've more patience than me Sluffy. My God there are some dopes support BWFC. Not lived in Bolton for more than half my life and only missed a handful of home games in the last 25 years but I get increasingly depressed at the tripe I hear and read. And I can't see that there's the slightest indication of it getting better.

Eddie Davies was no better than he ought to be and Ken Anderson was the messiah was the general view expressed at what was probably the last ever AGM of Burnden Leisure. KA had made a lot of correct and essential decisions and got us through two critical years but ...

Smart people generally keep their thoughts to themselves which, I'm afraid,  makes you and I a bit daft even bothering to try to explain anything rationally.

It wears a bit thin with me too at times Chris, I must admit, when I get such abuse from those who clearly are here to continually troll me over some perceived internet sleight often originating on another forum dating from years back.

I post what I do in an attempt to explain the best I can what is going on rather than let the wildly wrong and often misinformed twitter world version of events be taken as gospel - as sadly they are by many.

A number of people have posted kind words appreciating what I've tried to do, my biggest failing in many peoples eyes being that I go into to much depth explain things, which means my postings are lengthy (viewing on mobile phones anyway) but it's not easy explaining legal and financial intricacies in just a sentence or two - or clearly I would!

Obviously a number of people don't want to bother themselves with financial and legal aspects of running the club but without it there simply is no club to support!  Just because they don't want to read about it though shouldn't mean that no one else can talk about it though!

Fwiw I didn't start this thread about the new owners, I simply queried why someone would secure £40m worth of loans against £30m worth of assets that have literally just been bought a few days ago - is that not a reasonable thought to have had?

Cue the trolls.

Nothing to do with Anderson, nothing to do with a long and wordy post, just the usual suspects trolling me for trolling sake.

I guess I am stupid by simply not bothering to post anything anymore and just take from the site by reading it only and not give anything back in return, but I was brought up to not take without giving back and as I've explained above I try and do that by explaining stuff I believe I know a little bit about to others who may be interested.

Some people don't want to listen Chris and others just come to troll and abuse but I don't post for their benefit and it would be a sad day for those who respect your knowledge and professionalism of accountancy - and what the story it reveals is - if you decided not to post here anymore.

Don't let the haters drive you away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kane57 said:

I'm sure you've said the same thing three times in all that

It's what you do in public speaking, you tell the audience what you are going to say, you say it, then you tell them what you've said.

It reinforces the message you are trying to get across.

If you weren't feeling quite so clever with yourself coming up with something to reply and troll me about, then you might have got the message yourself without having it be explained to you.

Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gonk said:

Well for a start, more events in the premier suite, which stands empty a lot of the time.

From my time in work, I know that business has been lost to Leigh and; more recently; to Salford Rugby League's new ground. I'm talking events with 500+ attendees and I know the reason to change from Bolton to either of the other 2 is due to pricing.

Edited by Mannyroader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

It's what you do in public speaking, you tell the audience what you are going to say, you say it, then you tell them what you've said.

It reinforces the message you are trying to get across.

If you weren't feeling quite so clever with yourself coming up with something to reply and troll me about, then you might have got the message yourself without having it be explained to you.

Have a nice day.

Cheers! Been great. Not over the moon about Buckley but looking forward to tomorrow all the same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I suppose it means they haven't needed to sell the stadium to raise capital. And I assume the profits from the hotel will cover the four per cent per annum interest?

Nixon (usual caveats) has tweeted some intriguing things about Sharon Brittan's "master plan". I suspect there's much more to be revealed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For them to get a return, they need to be effective at turning the club around. No problem there, hard work, all pulling in the same direction, no silly cash spunking, gradually building. Seems all good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

From my time in work, I know that business has been lost to Leigh and; more recently; to Salford Rugby League's new ground. I'm talking events with 500+ attendees and I know the reason to change from Bolton to either of the other 2 is due to pricing.

Then they need to address the pricing, and the /or the service. Or put events on themselves - Get Nick to get Pink Floyd together next summer to sell the Stadium over a few nights. In fact we don't need his money just access to his contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Can't imagine there are £40m of assets to secure against.

Club was £24m and hotel £7.4m

I don't believe Maguire is at all correct about that.

£20m perhaps more believable I would suggest.

 Seems I was right. 

Maguire 0 Sluffy 1

Amazing eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

Then they need to address the pricing, and the /or the service. Or put events on themselves - Get Nick to get Pink Floyd together next summer to sell the Stadium over a few nights. In fact we don't need his money just access to his contacts.

You’ve more chance of The Beatles doing another gig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, I suppose it means they haven't needed to sell the stadium to raise capital. And I assume the profits from the hotel will cover the four per cent per annum interest?

Nixon (usual caveats) has tweeted some intriguing things about Sharon Brittan's "master plan". I suspect there's much more to be revealed here.

Wonder if it will link back to Gatsides masterplan from years ago.

Offices on the North Car Park etc

not perhaps the Free School for the academy lads between The Arena and The Cop Shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sluffy said:

It wears a bit thin with me too at times Chris, I must admit, when I get such abuse from those who clearly are here to continually troll me over some perceived internet sleight often originating on another forum dating from years back.

I post what I do in an attempt to explain the best I can what is going on rather than let the wildly wrong and often misinformed twitter world version of events be taken as gospel - as sadly they are by many.

A number of people have posted kind words appreciating what I've tried to do, my biggest failing in many peoples eyes being that I go into to much depth explain things, which means my postings are lengthy (viewing on mobile phones anyway) but it's not easy explaining legal and financial intricacies in just a sentence or two - or clearly I would!

Obviously a number of people don't want to bother themselves with financial and legal aspects of running the club but without it there simply is no club to support!  Just because they don't want to read about it though shouldn't mean that no one else can talk about it though!

Fwiw I didn't start this thread about the new owners, I simply queried why someone would secure £40m worth of loans against £30m worth of assets that have literally just been bought a few days ago - is that not a reasonable thought to have had?

Cue the trolls.

Nothing to do with Anderson, nothing to do with a long and wordy post, just the usual suspects trolling me for trolling sake.

I guess I am stupid by simply not bothering to post anything anymore and just take from the site by reading it only and not give anything back in return, but I was brought up to not take without giving back and as I've explained above I try and do that by explaining stuff I believe I know a little bit about to others who may be interested.

Some people don't want to listen Chris and others just come to troll and abuse but I don't post for their benefit and it would be a sad day for those who respect your knowledge and professionalism of accountancy - and what the story it reveals is - if you decided not to post here anymore.

Don't let the haters drive you away.

 

I think you would both benefit by reading up on the difference between critics and trolls, and how to deal with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

I think you would both benefit by reading up on the difference between critics and trolls, and how to deal with both.

Thank you but I don't need advice from someone whose gone through their own posting history and deleted a substantial amount of their own posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you but I don't need advice from someone whose gone through their own posting history and deleted a substantial amount of their own posts!

It's not possible to delete posts on this forum. 

Edit: Ah, you mean he's editted them. Fair enough. 

Edited by Cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

triggered  

In that scenario he's struggling to differentiate between a team choosing to put out a weakened team or having very little choice like we did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Holt was on about the fact FV have loans with security against the club/hotel yesterday. Accrington seem to have loans with security against ground and land. They also posted a loss last time round. Those in glass houses and all that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gonzo said:

triggered  

He doesn't half make up some hypothetical shite to try back himself with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough one, I quite like Andy Holt for the way he comes out and is relatively open to all and sundry, but some of his views are very wide of the mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a bit of a point 

The situation with ourselves and Bury has been a joke really, I can’t recall anything like it in the league before, perhaps I wasn’t looking close enough when Luton, Pompey etc went through it all 

It feels like more are going to go the same way sooner or later, the EFL need to step in and set some rules / guidelines up should it happen again 

If your not ready to start the season (financially), then you probably shouldn’t be doing so, we’ve got through by the skin of our teeth but I imagine that things will change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Traf said:

Tough one, I quite like Andy Holt for the way he comes out and is relatively open to all and sundry, but some of his views are very wide of the mark. 

Seconded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cheese said:

It's not possible to delete posts on this forum. 

Edit: Ah, you mean he's editted them. Fair enough. 

that's right,  and the reason for that was something that happened to me on social media (not BWFC related in any way). Had to delete my facebook, linkedin, and original twitter id - and it worked, plus I've got more time to read WW now😉  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.