Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

There’s nowt to see here imo 

im thinking family reasons which for FV without being awful is good timing as it cuts costs 

Could this be the reason gartside's son is coming in

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone pre-judging Andrew Gartside based on their view of his father wants to fuck right off. 

I agree, probably the same clowns that think David Lee will help us romp to the League 2 title next season.

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone pre-judging Andrew Gartside based on their view of his father wants to fuck right off. 

Phil Gartside was one of the main reasons we hit Europe and top 6 and I’ve probably been critical of him in the past but when you look at what he did for BWFC you have to admit the overall man did well. 

26 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I agree, probably the same clowns that think David Lee will help us romp to the League 2 title next season.

Honest question. Who are these ‘clowns’ I keep seeing people saying this but have never seen anyone say ‘David Lee in and we will romp it’

Not really aimed at you I see this more and more though.

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Honest question. Who are these ‘clowns’ I keep seeing people saying this but have never seen anyone say ‘David Lee in and we will romp it’

I saw one mon on Twitter today saying it. Just ignored the spaz 

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Unfortunately twitter, but it's just not one or two of them.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Fair enough. I never see these things but don’t search the hashtag etc so might be missing out.

I just stumbled across it. I don’t get this hashtag nonsense and have never searched for anything on twitter other then certain profiles for a perve 

if I post something on twitter I’m not sure why I need to then sort of tag it with a #.  Seems a bit odd to me. But I’m guessing it’s so folk can draw attention to themselves. Anyway I digress 

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Phil Gartside was one of the main reasons we hit Europe and top 6 and I’ve probably been critical of him in the past but when you look at what he did for BWFC you have to admit the overall man did well. 

No that was down to allardyce  And Eddie Davis Didn’t gartside and   tell Sam Bolton couldn’t afford champions league football And to forget about Europe .  I would give him credit for employing Sam in the first place but apart from that he was pretty poor 

Edited by Farnywhite

8 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

No that was down to allardyce  And Eddie Davis Didn’t gartside and   tell Sam Bolton couldn’t afford champions league football And to forget about Europe .  I would give him credit for employing Sam in the first place but apart from that he was pretty poor 

Who brought Sam and Eddie to BWFC? Without both we’d of been bumming round league 1&2 a while back instead of top 8 premier league and Europe, that we couldn’t sustain it was because Gartside couldn’t persuade Eddie to part with more money, the last couple of years of PG time I’m thinking the cancer played a part in some bad decisions so I’m prepared to overlook that period and thank him for the golden period prior to his illness. I wish his son all the luck in the world and hope he has half the success his dad did. 

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Who brought Sam and Eddie to BWFC? Without both we’d of been bumming round league 1&2 a while back instead of top 8 premier league and Europe, that we couldn’t sustain it was because Gartside couldn’t persuade Eddie to part with more money, the last couple of years of PG time I’m thinking the cancer played a part in some bad decisions so I’m prepared to overlook that period and thank him for the golden period prior to his illness. I wish his son all the luck in the world and hope he has half the success his dad did. 

Pretty much agree with this .Its easy with hindsight to pick holes in his chairmanship but essentially his early decision making got us into the Prem

Wont be remembered positively by everyone but then again who is ?

(Even if they build a statue of you)

Good luck to his son