Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

• Members
42 minutes ago, Traf said:

Like the flowers she sent to the wives, these simple low-cost actions are absolutely bang on.

You don't need to spend big to impress.

Don’t say that to your customers

• Members
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's all about value for money, mate.

You are right, it’s all about the little things with FV, which cost absolutely nothing but go a long way. She’s a very smart lady

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

You are right, it’s all about the little things with FV, which cost absolutely nothing but go a long way. She’s a very smart lady

They create an image and reputation for the owners of people you can safely do business with. Very good for the club. 

• The title was changed to The Owners
18 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

After a few years of being perceived as a snakes belly of a club, our current owners are bringing class & integrity to BWFC. They may not have the mega bucks of other clubs owners, but i love the direction our club is going under FV.

Couldn't agree more, a breath of fresh air.  Other teams must be struggling for reasons to hate us, they no longer have the easy targets of disagreeable owner/chairman/manager/style of play/away ticket prices and even failing to fulfill fixtures.  They'll think of something but enjoying the upturn off the pitch as much as on. 

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Couldn't agree more, a breath of fresh air.  Other teams must be struggling for reasons to hate us, they no longer have the easy targets of disagreeable owner/chairman/manager/style of play/away ticket prices and even failing to fulfill fixtures.  They'll think of something but enjoying the upturn off the pitch as much as on. 

We're buying promotion.

Obvs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mantra said:

Wasn't sure where else to put this but interesting thread about the Brentford owner if you haven't heard this before

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1400245761854652417?s=20

Fascinating read, cheers for sharing.

I knew bits of the Brentford story but not the whole journey.

I suppose it’s the model we started with, hoping Tobias would replicate the same methods, but clearly he wasn’t the right man.

I wonder if Sharon/IE maintain some of these moneyball theories making tweaks and changes (as Benham did at Brentford) along the way with a new recruitment/analysis team?

Aye I’d you have the right people to execute the moneyball method is clearly king. 

The big part of the above statement is the if bit.

Also we shouldn’t be looking at moneyball methods till at least the championship as we should be trading off our big club status in these leagues

Saw that Ipswich have signed Lee Evans and have Paul Cook as a manager. Then noticed that they actually got taken over for £40m in April.

Looks like they’ve got significant investment behind them. 700m apparently!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/funds-behind-itfc-takeover-revealed-7890950

Sunderland also have a new owner whose father took Marseille back into European football.

Interesting that Bolton, Wigan, Ipswich and Sunderland are all going into this L1 campaign with fresh ownership and investment. Going to be highly competitive, more so than our previous 2 stints in this division you’d think.

I’m backing us to make a good stab at the playoffs. COYW!