Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

• Members
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

He’s a vowel away from having a superb name 

You mean a consonant don't you? 'S' for 'L'?

My lad used to change it on all of his books and his locker when they were at Rossmoyne together. 😉

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Isn't he the venture capitalist that put 20M in when FV initially took over?

Sort of. He made £20m available.
A bit like an overdraft facility, as the club (like most football clubs) can't get one now.

We won' know until the accounts are done, how much of his £20m we've had to use. We also don't yet know how much of a similar £20m we've used off Ms Brittan.

But that £40m could have funded free season tickets for 10,000 fans for 20 years. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2021 at 09:42, Biggish Dave said:

Nobody has seen if Harry Kane can do it on a cold February night in Accrington. They are paying for him to be our marquee summer signing

He was an unused sub in the cup replay Spurs v Bolton in 2010.

When he went out on loan to Leyton Orient his first goal was at Rochdale on the day Sir Nat died.

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Nothing but pure class shown by Sharon and FV since the takeover, long may it continue

A tiny gesture but a strong one. It matters.

It matters to the fans too that we have some self respect after the last tosser.

• Members
3 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

“Shazza, listen I’m still in the doghouse here, the Mrs ain’t having it that a 4 day bender after promotion is justified, and she doesn’t even know about the brasses and the Charlie, think you could help us out?”

”Leave it with me”

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

“Shazza, listen I’m still in the doghouse here, the Mrs ain’t having it that a 4 day bender after promotion is justified, and she doesn’t even know about the brasses and the Charlie, think you could help us out?”

”Leave it with me”

😃👏

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

”Leave it with me”

😂

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

He was an unused sub in the cup replay Spurs v Bolton in 2010.

When he went out on loan to Leyton Orient his first goal was at Rochdale on the day Sir Nat died.

Was he in the game our young uns won by some mad score at WHL a few years ago? 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

”Leave it with me”

On this, in really life, Ciara Doyle posted a tweet saying wtte of "if he tells me how bad his hangover is one more time I'll give mim another headache".

That said, she said she'd never drink red wine again after the winning celebrations.

Quite a couple it seems.

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

”Leave it with me”

😂😂😂

I don't think anyone deserves this season's success more than the fans that have stuck by the club but honestly Shazza isn't far behind.

She's turning this club around and I fucking love it.

Genuinely cannot wait for next season. I've not felt that way for a while.

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Was he in the game our young uns won by some mad score at WHL a few years ago? 

Our star man was Cloughy who is probably a few years younger than 28 still so I doubt it, he’d have been too old

• Members
7 hours ago, Mantra said:

I don't think anyone deserves this season's success more than the fans that have stuck by the club but honestly Shazza isn't far behind.

She's turning this club around and I fucking love it.

Genuinely cannot wait for next season. I've not felt that way for a while.

She came in and people hadn’t been paid, people had mortgages, rent, kids to feed, she recognised straight away that this is a club with a big community and at its lowest point, she’s a class act. I’d give her a good fingering with plenty of shaky thumb action. 

16 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Classy? Yes, for sure, but even more canny than classy.

Simple gesture that wouldn't have cost much, but would have meant a massive amount to the wives. Keep them happy and it keeps the players home life settled.

Francesca is Lloyd Isgrove's other half and Lloyd's out of contract...