Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (a)

W.cramp

Long time since getting giddy on a Thursday evening ... more so without tickets for myself + 2 junior whites. 

Might be home end if no returns tomorrow. 

Just need to teach lads how to behave when we score ... it will happen on Saturday. And how to react if they do ... sit on hands, shut up. That said, I said same to Baked when away at City to watch the whites get promoted and I didn’t follow my own advice.  

• Site Supporter

Hard advice to follow that. I had the same at Maine Road. When we scored a City fan of enormous girth gave me a right bollocking. If the stewards hadn't hauled him away I'd have been tasting claret.

Later we called in Paddys Goose near the bus station and the same bloke was tonsils deep snogging with another bloke.

He didn't look so hard then (in a manner of speaking).

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Hard advice to follow that. I had the same at Maine Road. When we scored a City fan of enormous girth gave me a right bollocking. If the stewards hadn't hauled him away I'd have been tasting claret.

Later we called in Paddys Goose near the bus station and the same bloke was tonsils deep snogging with another bloke.

He didn't look so hard then (in a manner of speaking).

did you meet in the bogs or was he just a fat lad?

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Any pubs for away fans in Rotherham that are decent for ale, last time I went it was shit and nearly all home fans only (when we got dicked 4-0 in the previous relegation season), or was it 4-1?

There's a nice church, that's about all I can remember.

There's a decent pub near the ground with a sign outside. Away fans welcome but no dickheads.  

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Just hope people remember we still have limited options so if things do not go our way in games that the fans continue to get behind the team. 

I'd hope most fans realise that it's going to be a huge ask for us to stay up  this season.

Staying up would be like a promotion.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Just hope people remember we still have limited options so if things do not go our way in games that the fans continue to get behind the team. 

Yep. Odds are we get tanked Saturday. It’s a brand new team and apparently a few injuries too. So likely to not be full strength and will be a team of strangers. But we might just do something magic. But if we don’t support needs to be same as when kids were playing.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. Odds are we get tanked Saturday. It’s a brand new team and apparently a few injuries too. So likely to not be full strength and will be a team of strangers. But we might just do something magic. But if we don’t support needs to be same as when kids were playing.

It’ll be nice to show these new lads what BWFC away support is all about these days!!  I’m fully expecting a defeat, but i for one will be singing my heart out from start to finish - i don’t think i’ll be alone somehow!!