Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sasa

globaldiver

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye

it went along the lines:

Vernon spots Sasa in Ritzy's on his own so goes over and says hello

Sasa tells Vernon he'll buy him drinks if he introduces him to girls

Sasa starts ringing Vernon all the time saying he's bored and wants to go out, so they do, free night out every time as all Sasa wants to do his letch over birds and buy champagne all night

this continues when he moves to Villa

one day he tells him to come down to Birmingham as he has tickets to the clothes show at the NEC, where Vernon gets spotted by a talent scout of some modelling agency

same agency does a fly on the wall documentary about their young models that is on ITV or something

TV people spot Vernon on it, like him, and offer him TV gigs

without Sasa, he's nothing

Thought he met him at The Temple nightclub?

• Site Supporter
On 04/09/2019 at 22:35, Steejay said:

Vernon Kay used to pack bananas for us at Westhoughton.

Fact. 😄

Do you know Peter Carolan then? He still goes to Wanderers home games. 

Back to Sasa Curcic, was I the only person who, whilst acknowledging he was a very talented player, became more and more frustrated when the rest of the team weren't on the same wavelength. It pissed me off that he'd do an amazing run from deep it our own half, skip over the boots of half a dozen opponents then thread a delightful diagonal pass through to...

No fucker!

More often than not the player for whom the pass was intended had second-guessed where the ball was going and stopped his run, deciding to opt for the easier ball; which was far from Curcic's mind.

As we are due to play Rotherham tomorrow, I recall that is where Sasa played his last game for us, at Millmoor, in a night time pre-season friendly. I remember the sky turned black as a huge thunderstorm headed to the ground. Sasa scored a blinder and celebrated by sprinting up the touchline, as he did. I think he was sold the next day.

i dunno, i think his last game were at daisy hill (or , maybe, atherton LR) , i remember the BEN had an in-game picture on the back page with the red number 4 in the middle in the run up to some goal ,.. by the time i'd got the paper he'd already gone. 

20 odd years ago.. :lol: anyway at finding out...