Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kiosks

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

I can not beleive how difficult the staff behind the kiosks make such a simple job. So just in case anybody of importance is reading this:

You wouldnt need 10 people behind a kiosk if:

1. they didnt hover around doing nothing

2. it didnt need two (even three!) to operate a till

3. they are werent as thick as pigshit (i am very serious with this one!!)

Edited by HomerJay

It can be done efficiently as I found when I went to the Rod Stewart gigg (I know, I know, Mrs Onion made me go). The queues moved quickly as the kiosks were staffed by people who new what they were doing and the beer was served in plastic bottles. I would suggest that some of the kiosks go to bottles only for those that want them, It's dearer than draught obviously but as I've always found the beer under the stands to be shit I would pay the extra. Serve draught at some kiosks for those that prefer it.

Edited by tkonion

Tuesday in NSL was the quickest it has moved in a long time with also the longest queue. The time is definitely taken up by pouring pints and also only having two hot drinks machines. Would make sense to serve beer in bottles where possible and also go back to having a hot water point and on each serving area rather than 5 tills sharing 2 hot water points. 

27 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tuesday in NSL was the quickest it has moved in a long time with also the longest queue. The time is definitely taken up by pouring pints and also only having two hot drinks machines. Would make sense to serve beer in bottles where possible and also go back to having a hot water point and on each serving area rather than 5 tills sharing 2 hot water points. 

or just get rid of hot drinks all together, fannys

3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Mate of mine tells me that Spuds new stadium has a bar which fills up glasses from the bottom super quick.

https://www.wired.com/2010/12/how-it-works-beer-dispenser-fills-glass-from-bottom/

This reckons one person can pour up to 44 pints a minute!

I want one.

seen them first hand at epsom races this year, decent bit of kit, and the queues flowed very well

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

I still think that the employment of retards is the main issue.

Is the absolute reality of the situation.

Just like sending ticket sales out to Bulgaria or whichever other non English speaking eastern European country Ticketmaster use.

Maybe if we tweeted an order, we might get served quicker.

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

Mate of mine tells me that Spuds new stadium has a bar which fills up glasses from the bottom super quick.

https://www.wired.com/2010/12/how-it-works-beer-dispenser-fills-glass-from-bottom/

I want one.

We had similar in ESLSC on trial a few seasons back. 

Contactless payments too (if they don't already). Cash is dead. 

If they're not changing things massively just have them sell beer tokens before kick off which you redeem at half time. No token - no pint. 

Then on 40mins having sold however many tokens they can pour the same number of pints and just line the fuckers up on the bar. One line for picking up pints, another for everything else. 

20 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

If they're not changing things massively just have them sell beer tokens before kick off which you redeem at half time. No token - no pint. 

Then on 40mins having sold however many tokens they can pour the same number of pints and just line the fuckers up on the bar. One line for picking up pints, another for everything else. 

Don’t they already do that? Albeit not always entirely successfully.

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

I want one.

Sure I heard somewhere that at Spuds your ST can double as a payment card? You load it with money then use it to pay at the kiosks which speeds things up

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Sure I heard somewhere that at Spuds your ST can double as a payment card? You load it with money then use it to pay at the kiosks which speeds things up

Spurs have a cashless stadium

Edited by dave2980

5 hours ago, Traf said:

I still think that the employment of retards is the main issue.

Thing is, I've genuinely felt a bit sorry for some of them over the years as they'd obviously been hoiked into that role with no training or any idea what they needed to do. If someone is looking over to a supervisor to tell them what to do during a simple transaction that involved taking money and handing the change back after using the till,  they've obviously been parachuted into the role, on the hyper-cheap, with no fucking guidance.

As for Bovril, I reacquainted myself with it a few years back at Leicester and thought this takes me back and so had another.  I'm only 15 miles away from their ground but I only just made it home before bursting my banks. Straight through me. Never again.