Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kiosks

HomerJay

Been discussed before about a beer tent outside the ground run by one of the local micro breweries but would have to be limited numbers i.e. 200 a time to keep everyone happy and control the idiots who cant take their ale.

Not sure what happened but seems a fairly simple thing to organise. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Thing is, I've genuinely felt a bit sorry for some of them over the years as they'd obviously been hoiked into that role with no training or any idea what they needed to do. If someone is looking over to a supervisor to tell them what to do during a simple transaction that involved taking money and handing the change back after using the till,  they've obviously been parachuted into the role, on the hyper-cheap, with no fucking guidance.

As for Bovril, I reacquainted myself with it a few years back at Leicester and thought this takes me back and so had another.  I'm only 15 miles away from their ground but I only just made it home before bursting my banks. Straight through me. Never again.

Quite right. Going for the cheap option.

A combination of the two produced a shocking effect last year. I asked for a hot chocolate. Went to my seat, let it cool a little and took my first sip as I was talking to someone.

I was fuckin Bovril. Cunts.

Pints only, Contactless queues would help.

Let the ditherers who decide what they want when they get to the front of the queue then fumble about for 20p in their pockets have their own queue. 

FV - Make it as easy as possible to take our money off us. 

On 05/09/2019 at 12:33, HomerJay said:

I can not beleive how difficult the staff behind the kiosks make such a simple job. So just in case anybody of importance is reading this:

You wouldnt need 10 people behind a kiosk if:

1. they didnt hover around doing nothing

2. it didnt need two (even three!) to operate a till

3. they are werent as thick as pigshit (i am very serious with this one!!)

Some investments needs to be made in the kiosks, they need redesigning, fast pouring pumps, and a proper process for serving customers to make it as fast as possible. It’s time to also add cask beers to the normal shite they serve, perhaps invite Bank top to run a number of kiosks. And we need a couple of Marquees around the ground so folk can drink before and after the game. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I have to say that the lager served up at the ground is the worst I've ever tasted and we get charged not far off £4.00 a pint, I'm all for buying food/drink at the game, but no way are we going to buy that dreadful stuff anymore. 

I don't mind the pies. crisps etc, but please FV sort the lager out!

• Members
31 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I have to say that the lager served up at the ground is the worst I've ever tasted and we get charged not far off £4.00 a pint, I'm all for buying food/drink at the game, but no way are we going to buy that dreadful stuff anymore. 

I don't mind the pies. crisps etc, but please FV sort the lager out!

I don’t understand how draft is so bad at the ground, I had a pint of Guinness and it was like water. How is draft so bad? 

24 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I don’t understand how draft is so bad at the ground, I had a pint of Guinness and it was like water. How is draft so bad? 

Ken was watering the beer down, probably still the same keg from the end of last season.

The beer at the Unibol is hit and miss, but to be fair the beer token system in the west lower works well.

But they are a right gormless bunch behind the bar at times. Just have one person on the till, and two people constant pouring the pints. Hardly rocket science.

In north lower a couple of years back, one lad asked me if grolsch was a lager or cider!