Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bunney car crash

burnden

• Members

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Joe Bunney has been involved in a road traffic accident.

The defender received medical attention for broken ribs and a broken collarbone and is being supported by the club’s medical staff.

He will remain in hospital for the next 48 hours as a precautionary measure.

Everybody at Bolton Wanderers wishes Joe a quick recovery.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I have suffered broken ribs and believe me 8 weeks is nowhere near long enough.

Usually 6 weeks - it depends on where and how bad. But of course you can play potentially with broken ribs - if you can get through the pain and players have. I cracked a rib once and was playing squash a month later - with some pain but bearable. Its going to depend. But I can't see it being as late as Easter unless something else has gone on we don't know about. 

You can't play with a broken collarbone but I think they are usually 8-10 weeks to heal fully - unless its smashed to bits. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Usually 6 weeks - it depends on where and how bad. But of course you can play potentially with broken ribs - if you can get through the pain and players have. I cracked a rib once and was playing squash a month later - with some pain but bearable. Its going to depend. But I can't see it being as late as Easter unless something else has gone on we don't know about. 

You can't play with a broken collarbone but I think they are usually 8-10 weeks to heal fully - unless its smashed to bits. 

I think the Easter thing went whooshing right over your head.