Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
deane koontz

9/11

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

18 years ago 😕

Watched it on dial up internet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched news coverage in the mill house before the Walsall match 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Watched news coverage in the mill house before the Walsall match 

Weird game, that one.

Wasn't it 0-0 halfway through 2nd half and then 4-3 in extra time? 7 goals in about half an hour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were all talking about it on rivals weren't we? Imagine looking back through that thread now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Traf said:

Weird game, that one.

Wasn't it 0-0 halfway through 2nd half and then 4-3 in extra time? 7 goals in about half an hour?

Goals: Wanderers - Ricketts 67, Holdsworth 79, Nishizawa 90, Pedersen 96; Walsall - Wrack 65, Byfield 83, Barras 85.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yay another thread going to shit 

 

 

Edited by Jol_BWFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

 

 

Cat got your tongue ?

Posting a quote from another thread ?

Don’t even try and defend that post of your Mayor.

He tweets relentlessly but has to combine two items on the biggest event, you and I will most ever likely witness in our lifetime.....and include a laughing picture too...very poor taste.

Disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was out when I heard about things unfolding and rushed home to watch the news. Saw the second one hit and then everything that followed. I didn’t move from in front of the TV for hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a good half hour video of news and footage as it happened on YouTube

But I can't find it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

There's a good half hour video of news and footage as it happened on YouTube

But I can't find it

I know the thing you mean, the as it happened news footage is what brings it home most for me personally as that's how I consumed it.

Found this a really interesting piece, it's true looking back you think it was the "modern" era, but it wasn't, it was a generation ago now. 

https://www.wired.com/story/pagers-pay-phones-and-dialup-how-we-communicated-on-911/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in Esporta when it happened, on the tread mill and couldn’t believe my eyes.

Was off to Madrid the next day, Manny Airport was very eerie to say the least at 6am then.

 

Seen a few documentaries on it, did they ever identify the ‘Falling Man”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at a business meeting at The Crown Hotel in Boroughbridge. Senior manager walked in and said planes had hit one of the towers and the pentagon. Everyone went “yeah, right, as if”. 10 minutes later 25 of us were crammed in his bedroom watching it unfold on the portable TV. The towers coming down is like yesterday. 18 years. Wow!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Was in Esporta when it happened, on the tread mill and couldn’t believe my eyes.

Was off to Madrid the next day, Manny Airport was very eerie to say the least at 6am then.

 

Seen a few documentaries on it, did they ever identify the ‘Falling Man”

There was a documentary dedicated to it that I watched a couple of years ago. Seem to think that they had narrowed it down to one bloke but couldn’t be certain??? I could be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Was due to fly to America that evening to go and train with the yank marines. I knew after watching the TV we wouldn’t be going that day. Ended up flying out a week later. 

One of the positives (probably the wrong word) is when we went to Vegas loads of yanks were asking why we were there, we said we are training with your guys so we can catch the people responsible 🤦‍♂️😂 we were rewarded with free ale, free blow jobs and free bets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember watching a video that backs up the idea that there were also bombs planted at the base of the towers. A gang of firemen walking through the falling ash then the hear a series of explosions. 

Proper head wobbler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There was a documentary dedicated to it that I watched a couple of years ago. Seem to think that they had narrowed it down to one bloke but couldn’t be certain??? I could be wrong

Did they suspect it was one of the staff from the top floor restaurant? The jumpers thing is yet another harrowing feature of the whole thing, unimaginable decision.

9/11 the Lost Tapes is on More4 later that's quite interesting from what I remember.

There's a book by Lynn Spencer called "Touching History" about what happened with the air force during and after the hijackings that I really recommend. At one stage they were putting unarmed fighters on training missions on alert to ram into suspected hijacked passenger planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a conspiracy nut or anything but the video about an adjacent building collapsing at the same time like a controlled explosion is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, royal white said:

I Was due to fly to America that evening to go and train with the yank marines. I knew after watching the TV we wouldn’t be going that day. Ended up flying out a week later. 

One of the positives (probably the wrong word) is when we went to Vegas loads of BUTCH GAY yanks were asking why we were there, we said we are training with your guys so we can catch the people responsible 🤦‍♂️😂 we were rewarded with free ale, free blow jobs and free bets. 

Nice freebie mate :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

There was a documentary dedicated to it that I watched a couple of years ago. Seem to think that they had narrowed it down to one bloke but couldn’t be certain??? I could be wrong

Will email you tomorrow mate, sorry for the delay, just waiting on my mate who’s been on a course today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Remember watching a video that backs up the idea that there were also bombs planted at the base of the towers. A gang of firemen walking through the falling ash then the hear a series of explosions. 

Proper head wobbler 

Pretty sure they confirmed that was caused by melting aluminium coming into contact with water. Basic chemistry. Not that I’d know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the air having just left Chicago O'Hare bound for Ringway. Freaky sixth sense of the missus got us out of the US 4 days ahead of the planned schedule. Recounted on here before so I won't bore the poor fuckers again with it (although I can feel a Con Boutsianos repeat coming on :D ).

Suffice to say that I was sure that the M-in-law was watching a disaster movie when we finally arrived in Tun Fowt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I was in the air having just left Chicago O'Hare bound for Ringway. Freaky sixth sense of the missus got us out of the US 4 days ahead of the planned schedule. Recounted on here before so I won't bore the poor fuckers again with it (although I can feel a Con Boutsianos repeat coming on :D ).

Suffice to say that I was sure that the M-in-law was watching a disaster movie when we finally arrived in Tun Fowt.

Ringway?

Did you arrive after about 7 stops? 😃

240x185-1950_59.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.