Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

9/11

deane koontz

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Weird game, that one.

Wasn't it 0-0 halfway through 2nd half and then 4-3 in extra time? 7 goals in about half an hour?

Goals: Wanderers - Ricketts 67, Holdsworth 79, Nishizawa 90, Pedersen 96; Walsall - Wrack 65, Byfield 83, Barras 85.

6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Cat got your tongue ?

Posting a quote from another thread ?

Don’t even try and defend that post of your Mayor.

He tweets relentlessly but has to combine two items on the biggest event, you and I will most ever likely witness in our lifetime.....and include a laughing picture too...very poor taste.

Disgusting.

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

There's a good half hour video of news and footage as it happened on YouTube

But I can't find it

I know the thing you mean, the as it happened news footage is what brings it home most for me personally as that's how I consumed it.

Found this a really interesting piece, it's true looking back you think it was the "modern" era, but it wasn't, it was a generation ago now. 

https://www.wired.com/story/pagers-pay-phones-and-dialup-how-we-communicated-on-911/

I was at a business meeting at The Crown Hotel in Boroughbridge. Senior manager walked in and said planes had hit one of the towers and the pentagon. Everyone went “yeah, right, as if”. 10 minutes later 25 of us were crammed in his bedroom watching it unfold on the portable TV. The towers coming down is like yesterday. 18 years. Wow!!!

25 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Was in Esporta when it happened, on the tread mill and couldn’t believe my eyes.

Was off to Madrid the next day, Manny Airport was very eerie to say the least at 6am then.

Seen a few documentaries on it, did they ever identify the ‘Falling Man”

There was a documentary dedicated to it that I watched a couple of years ago. Seem to think that they had narrowed it down to one bloke but couldn’t be certain??? I could be wrong

I Was due to fly to America that evening to go and train with the yank marines. I knew after watching the TV we wouldn’t be going that day. Ended up flying out a week later. 

One of the positives (probably the wrong word) is when we went to Vegas loads of yanks were asking why we were there, we said we are training with your guys so we can catch the people responsible 🤦‍♂️😂 we were rewarded with free ale, free blow jobs and free bets. 

15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There was a documentary dedicated to it that I watched a couple of years ago. Seem to think that they had narrowed it down to one bloke but couldn’t be certain??? I could be wrong

Did they suspect it was one of the staff from the top floor restaurant? The jumpers thing is yet another harrowing feature of the whole thing, unimaginable decision.

9/11 the Lost Tapes is on More4 later that's quite interesting from what I remember.

There's a book by Lynn Spencer called "Touching History" about what happened with the air force during and after the hijackings that I really recommend. At one stage they were putting unarmed fighters on training missions on alert to ram into suspected hijacked passenger planes.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I Was due to fly to America that evening to go and train with the yank marines. I knew after watching the TV we wouldn’t be going that day. Ended up flying out a week later. 

One of the positives (probably the wrong word) is when we went to Vegas loads of BUTCH GAY yanks were asking why we were there, we said we are training with your guys so we can catch the people responsible 🤦‍♂️😂 we were rewarded with free ale, free blow jobs and free bets. 

Nice freebie mate :D

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Will email you tomorrow mate, sorry for the delay, just waiting on my mate who’s been on a course today.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Remember watching a video that backs up the idea that there were also bombs planted at the base of the towers. A gang of firemen walking through the falling ash then the hear a series of explosions. 

Proper head wobbler 

Pretty sure they confirmed that was caused by melting aluminium coming into contact with water. Basic chemistry. Not that I’d know 

• Members

I was in the air having just left Chicago O'Hare bound for Ringway. Freaky sixth sense of the missus got us out of the US 4 days ahead of the planned schedule. Recounted on here before so I won't bore the poor fuckers again with it (although I can feel a Con Boutsianos repeat coming on :D ).

Suffice to say that I was sure that the M-in-law was watching a disaster movie when we finally arrived in Tun Fowt.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I was in the air having just left Chicago O'Hare bound for Ringway. Freaky sixth sense of the missus got us out of the US 4 days ahead of the planned schedule. Recounted on here before so I won't bore the poor fuckers again with it (although I can feel a Con Boutsianos repeat coming on :D ).

Suffice to say that I was sure that the M-in-law was watching a disaster movie when we finally arrived in Tun Fowt.

Ringway?

Did you arrive after about 7 stops? 😃

240x185-1950_59.jpg