Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey

MickyD

15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Barely a tenner difference at the moment between Manchester/Southampton flight and a train to Portsmouth or taking a train from Bolton to Portsmouth. In +2

Fly maybe? 

Done it loads for work. Piece of piss compared to 5 hours on the train. Ring aqua cars for a taxi from the airport if there's a few of you. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

I drove to the mid week 4-0 game when Jardel was playing for us. 

I am out. 

Daughter won a week at Pontins at a Junior Whites party night so we picked the week of the Portsmouth game (4-0) and booked into the nearest Pontins. Wall Park, Brixham, is full of scutters but, worse than that, the 11/2" on the map was all A roads and B roads and took us longer than the drive down to Brixham in the first place. Also, cruise control is shit on roads that are fairly straight but up hill and down dale.

27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Daughter won a week at Pontins at a Junior Whites party night so we picked the week of the Portsmouth game (4-0) and booked into the nearest Pontins. Wall Park, Brixham, is full of scutters but, worse than that, the 11/2" on the map was all A roads and B roads and took us longer than the drive down to Brixham in the first place. Also, cruise control is shit on roads that are fairly straight but up hill and down dale.

I drove back with Miami in front and Smiley with his brother in back. Got lost on way back and ended up on M25. 

Dropped them in Bolton and drove home for about 2am. 

23 minutes ago, Ani said:

I drove back with Miami in front and Smiley with his brother in back. Got lost on way back and ended up on M25. 

Dropped them in Bolton and drove home for about 2am. 

Getting back in Bolton for 2am after a night match in Pompey is great going!  In the last few years I've had a 3am after MK Dons and 11pm after feckin Crewe! Both were thanks to the bloody M6

16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Getting back in Bolton for 2am after a night match in Pompey is great going!  In the last few years I've had a 3am after MK Dons and 11pm after feckin Crewe! Both were thanks to the bloody M6

Should have gone on M25. 

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Annual pub trip to Haydock races for this so i'm out.

Probably wouldn't have bothered anyway, it's a crap day out

It's mint.Get in The Newcome Arms it's quality, full of the old 657 crew, so it helps if you have an invite.We went a few years ago, all pre arranged and they looked after us very well, some of their lads had been up to Bolton for Fernys funeral a year or two before, they did a nice remembrance speech for him iirc - they were all top lads that Ferny knew from the England scene.

We still got beat though.....and it was still a long way back home.

https://whatpub.com/pubs/POR/00230/newcome-arms-portsmouth

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• The topic was pinned
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

no ,he is dog sitting , so next time you see him give him so shit.😁

A mate of mine dog sat once, took he dog out for a walk, it keeled over and died of heart attack.

im far from heartless and love dogs, got one myself but couldn’t help but laugh when I was told the story.

anyway, another 1-1