Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford

jeep

• Site Supporter

I reckon we can nick sommat in this. We aren't a bunch of invalids playing Barcelona.

Not saying it will be pretty but I reckon Hill will have them in the video room dissecting today, have them that bit more organised and they will be that bit fitter.

Oxford are also that bit worse than Rotherham and we are at home. 

I dont rule out a win by any shape, way or form

• The topic was pinned
10 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon we can nick sommat in this. We aren't a bunch of invalids playing Barcelona.

Not saying it will be pretty but I reckon Hill will have them in the video room dissecting today, have them that bit more organised and they will be that bit fitter.

Oxford are also that bit worse than Rotherham and we are at home. 

I dont rule out a win by any shape, way or form

Hes gonna have to be very careful how he goes about showing that video and trying to boost moral.  Working on set plays and keeping the ball longer is order of the day, Rotherham enjoyed themselves too much yesterday.  I'll be happy with great home support, the result can be a bonus.  1-1

16 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

lets build from the back. stop conceding goals and go from there.

bridcutt and lowe must start in the middle of the park.

Yep. No point being open. Tighten it up first and the rest will come. Lots of plus points but they won’t matter till we are more solid and harder to score past. 

3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

After yesterday & if they're all fit, i'd go......

Matthews

Brockbank   Hobbs   Wright   Chicksen

Lowe   Crawford   Bridcutt

Verlinden or Politic   D Murphy   Buckley

That but with more Alnwick and O'Grady and less Matthews and Buckley

Is there an assumption that either 1 or both of our strikers will be fit?  I got the impression they'd need longer than another 3 days.  Same with Buckley.  Only change we can realistically make is to get Lowe in midfield at the instead of Murphy.  Did anyone else wonder about Wright at Rotherham?  I just cant remember anything he did.  For all Zouma's inexperience etc, we see him win loads of tackles and headers every game, did Wright win any or was I just not paying attention?

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Is there an assumption that either 1 or both of our strikers will be fit?  I got the impression they'd need longer than another 3 days.  Same with Buckley.  Only change we can realistically make is to get Lowe in midfield at the instead of Murphy.  Did anyone else wonder about Wright at Rotherham?  I just cant remember anything he did.  For all Zouma's inexperience etc, we see him win loads of tackles and headers every game, did Wright win any or was I just not paying attention?

Wasn't there, so can't comment. We have gone from two young inexperienced centre halves to old, experienced ones, with similar results.

Perhaps it's an issues further up; midfield needs to be stronger and lads up top keep hold of it for longer.

We'll see soon enough.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, white noise said:

Don’t get this Brockbank ‘love in ‘ he’s been at fault for so many goals including 3 at Gillingham. Quite simply not ready and leaves us so vulnerable. 

Pretty much agree, he's far from the finished article. We should be looking to use him in patches rather than relying on him. I think he'll make it as a decent player but i'd hope not to see him more than 10 or 12 more times this season

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, white noise said:

Don’t get this Brockbank ‘love in ‘ he’s been at fault for so many goals including 3 at Gillingham. Quite simply not ready and leaves us so vulnerable. 

its called encouragement.

and many of these lads are of an age where they have more chance of reading such comments on the t'interweb

the last few weeks have not been the time to rip players apart.