Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford

jeep

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Defence starts from the front once the strkers are fit this will help both midfield and defence because atm we are under seige all the time and leaking goals because of it.

Agree. We had a new defence on Saturday and faired no better.

Need to get stronger all over and that will take pressure off the defence.

Especially once Hill's attacking ethos takes effect.Ā 

We've had all the praise for our support generally this season, especially numbers taken away and the huge crowd for the nothing match against Bradford.Ā  I'm prepared for the other side of the coin tomorrow.Ā  Loads will be waiting for the Blackpool game when they canĀ use their season tickets, especially as a lot of kids wont be there with the late KO time on a school night (no "free upgrades" etc).Ā  Plenty wont feel like adding Ā£40 to their S/T layout.Ā  6k max home fans v Oxford and assuming another defeat, same again on Sat.Ā  I've no problem with those figures but wouldn't be surprised to see theĀ criticism this time tomorrow.

I'll not be there tomorrow, irrespective of pricing.

I don't do midweek games in term-time. Wife works Tues & Wed evenings, so if I go to the game, Junior has to come with me and we don't get home until beyond 11pm for night games, so that's a no for me on a school night.

8pm KO is bollocks. 7.30 would work better as it would help families out.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Traf said:

I don't do midweek games in term-time. Wife works Tues & Wed evenings, so if I go to the game, Junior has to come with me and we don't get home until beyond 11pm for night games, so that's a no for me on a school night.

why are we always 8pm? whereas others are 7:45 ?

I always thought the 8pm kick offĀ was to make matchday bus times easy to figure out.

Iā€™ve looked on the club website but itā€™s not entirely clear - can I buy an online ticketĀ right up to kick off? Iā€™m due to land at Manchester Airport at seven but Iā€™m not forking outĀ just on the off-chance everything goes smoothly.

12 hours ago, Traf said:

If you're bothĀ season ticket holders you will be counted in the figures for Blackpool so we may get "9k" on but tonight with the same bums on seats it mayĀ be nearer 6. Similar attendance, different perception & reaction.