Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford

jeep

Great half that. Look great going forward, Bridcutt looks a cut above, Lowe is everywhere as usual and Buckley is doing a solid job as lone striker.

The defence looks shaky but that’s no surprise considering it’s effectively 5 strangers. Oxford seem to be targeting Emmanuel who I thought looked like the player most lacking match sharpness early on but he’s got better as the game’s gone on.

No reason we can’t go on to win this, we’ve been by far the better team and should be a couple up - I just hope we don’t tire too much, there’s not much to come off the bench.

11 shots on goal - been a while since that was the case in a full match, never mind 1 half.

Cracking performance so far. Certainly should be 3 or 4 up but it’s encouraging just to be creating so many chances. Bookies must agree as I had a tenner on BWFC double chance and had £20 cash out within half an hour. 

Still feel a bit nervous when Oxford come forward but maybe that’s force of habit. Continue in the same vein and surely we win this. Buckley looks like a different player. 

I thought that was a very good performance considering, fitness still an issue but liked the attacking intent shown and trying to keep it on the deck. Clearly tired in the second half and struggled a bit without someone to hold it up. Bridcutt is a class above in the middle, chicksen solid at the back. Verlinden is a real threat but tired quickly in the second half and became less effective as we got pushed back. Thought Buckley did well given his task and looks a different player than we have seen previously. Good confidence booster for the defence, Wright looked solid and you could see Matthews growing in confidence. Onwards and upwards. come on you whites

That was superb, so promising. What an excellent first half, how we went in level I don't know! 

Was very impressed with Crawford, pinging wonderful through balls that others (and some of our fans shouted for) would have passed to nowhere if they went earlier. Jury is still out on Emmanuel for me, looks like he's running through custard half the time. Thought Buckley did very well in the first half, he looked fucked by about 70 minutes. Probably the hardest he has worked in a white shirt.

Lots and lots of positives. Really excited for the Sunderland game now.

Very promising performance and loving the style of play, Buckley MOM for me, Bridcutt excellent as were all the back 4, Emmanuel stepped up on his last performance, think he’ll be ok. Fans again were superb those who weren’t there must have been non singers as we didn’t miss them.  Same as TM Trotter genuinely excited for the mackems game. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper