Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford

jeep

30 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Keith Hills interviews are like a breath of fresh air to me after the borefest drawl of Parky/Dougie, the prickliness of Lennon and the total bollocks often spouted by Coyle. Hats off to Hill & Flitty for managing to raise our players after Saturday.

hmmmmm, no critique on his management yet as it's early days and I thought the interview was enjoyable, but I can see why he annoyed a great proportion of the Rochdale support by the end of the 2nd spell; he was a bit over particular to the journalist IMO. if things don;t go well I can see him getting very prickly.

We shall see!

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

hmmmmm, no critique on his management yet as it's early days and I thought the interview was enjoyable, but I can see why he annoyed a great proportion of the Rochdale support by the end of the 2nd spell; he was a bit over particular to the journalist IMO. if things don;t go well I can see him getting very prickly.

We shall see!

Yeah, I can quickly see people tiring of the words energy, building blocks etc etc

Good interview and I second what someone else has said, beats what we’ve had in the past. His positivity is infectious. At the moment

but overall not really arsed what he comes out with in interviews. If we get positive results you’ll listen to what he’s saying. If we get beat you’ll disagree with what he’s saying and think he’s deluded 

that never changes from manager to manager regardless of what they say

36 minutes ago, Matty said:

Is it not the bottom 3 that go down so in effect it’s 17 points from safety as Accrington are on 6 points?

Correct, we are 17 points away from safety now. Bottom 3 go down this season, normally 4 teams are meant to go down in this league but as Bury have been kicked out. 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

We shall see!

I don’t care what he’s like in interviews. Or any manager. It’s irrelevant. But he is irritating. And can imagine if you’ve just lost after a long trip away from home on the back of a string of defeats and we’re listening to him you’d probably be a bit fed up to say the least! But that’s personal thing. He’s here, he’s our cunt and yesterday shows he knows what he’s doing. Long may it continue. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Site Supporter

Marvelous, entertaining, positive front foot football.

Joy to watch. Buckley's movement early doors and quality passses destroyed them.

Wonder where he'll play when a striker is fit.

Verlinden a real threat, just needs to get his head up more often.

Bridcutt classy and I'm sure he'll improve as hit fitness levels rise.

Proper team effort overall, should have had the game won after 20 minutes, but don't suppose we can have everything.

12 minutes ago, burnden said:

Karl Robinson, #OUFC manager: “I didn’t think we performed well, but sometimes in this industry you’ve got to take your hat off to the opposition and they were very good. “That’s probably the best team performance we’ve come up against.” #bwfc

Fair play to him saying that

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

When Hobbs did a Cryuff turn on the edge of his own box in the 1st half.... I thought wtf! 

Players getting more confident, although I hope that's the last time he tries it.

Absolutely. Sign of a different philosophy.

Very apparent from the off. Lowe playing much further forward, pressing the opposition and trying to win it back earlier.

Teammates willing to immediately run forward, or find space to receive a pass.

Really was a breath of fresh air.

Good performance, enjoyed the football we played. Buckley tends to look better with more movement around him, think he will end up at the centre of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 as above.

Liked the look of Wright though puzzled why he didn't go up for corners?

Don't know what the score is with Bridcutt but if he keeps playing like that I would be surprised to see him still with us by Feb. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Good interview and I second what someone else has said, beats what we’ve had in the past. His positivity is infectious. At the moment

but overall not really arsed what he comes out with in interviews. If we get positive results you’ll listen to what he’s saying. If we get beat you’ll disagree with what he’s saying and think he’s deluded 

that never changes from manager to manager regardless of what they say

Spot on.  Who cares about the interviews, take the positives ie he loves his job, the challenge etc, and ignore the negatives.  I cant understand what half the Prem and Championship managers are going on about and they seem OK at their job.  Its 100% to do with what they do on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d have been buzzing for Lowe if that second half shot had gone in. Decent save to be fair. 

Me too.  We had 4 shots on target from outside or edge of box (2 Verlinden, 1 Crawford, 1 Lowe) which all needed proper saves from keeper, not just picking up.  I genuinely wonder what season we last had 4 good shots on target from that range in 1 game.