Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
jeep

Oxford

Defence starts from the front once the strkers are fit this will help both midfield and defence because atm we are under seige all the time and leaking goals because of it.

3 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Defence starts from the front once the strkers are fit this will help both midfield and defence because atm we are under seige all the time and leaking goals because of it.

Agree. We had a new defence on Saturday and faired no better.

Need to get stronger all over and that will take pressure off the defence.

Especially once Hill's attacking ethos takes effect. 

How much is it to park on Car park C on match days now?

3 minutes ago, bwfc87 said:

How much is it to park on Car park C on match days now?

7 pound

We've had all the praise for our support generally this season, especially numbers taken away and the huge crowd for the nothing match against Bradford.  I'm prepared for the other side of the coin tomorrow.  Loads will be waiting for the Blackpool game when they can use their season tickets, especially as a lot of kids wont be there with the late KO time on a school night (no "free upgrades" etc).  Plenty wont feel like adding £40 to their S/T layout.  6k max home fans v Oxford and assuming another defeat, same again on Sat.  I've no problem with those figures but wouldn't be surprised to see the criticism this time tomorrow.

I'll not be there tomorrow, irrespective of pricing.

I don't do midweek games in term-time. Wife works Tues & Wed evenings, so if I go to the game, Junior has to come with me and we don't get home until beyond 11pm for night games, so that's a no for me on a school night.

8pm KO is bollocks. 7.30 would work better as it would help families out.

With the cost of 2 homes games in a week can’t see that many on tonight’s if I’m honest, different Saturday like 

1-1

En route from Portugal 

ticket bought 

longest I’ve travelled for a home game 

COYWM 

9 hours ago, Traf said:

I don't do midweek games in term-time. Wife works Tues & Wed evenings, so if I go to the game, Junior has to come with me and we don't get home until beyond 11pm for night games, so that's a no for me on a school night.

why are we always 8pm? whereas others are 7:45 ?

To give 25000 fans a bit longer to get to the new stadium

Which makes it bollocks. Loads of teams, since our move, have also moved stadiums but still have 7.45 KOs. Weren't they always 7.30 at Burnden?

I always thought the 8pm kick off was to make matchday bus times easy to figure out.

I’ve looked on the club website but it’s not entirely clear - can I buy an online ticket right up to kick off? I’m due to land at Manchester Airport at seven but I’m not forking out just on the off-chance everything goes smoothly.

It was part of the planning for the stadium that we kick off at 8pm to avoid the rush hour on the M61, or summat like that. Suppose they maybe had a point after what the traffic was like for the Bradford game, but I'm sure 7.45pm would have been a decent compromise.

12 hours ago, Traf said:

If you're both season ticket holders you will be counted in the figures for Blackpool so we may get "9k" on but tonight with the same bums on seats it may be nearer 6. Similar attendance, different perception & reaction.

12 minutes ago, Piemon said:

ticket master down at present??

cannot buy online

Took me a few tries but finally got it done.

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Took me a few tries but finally got it done.

Now saved to my phone and ready to go.

Piece of piss if the site stops being a cunt

Two of our ex players might be playing for Oxford tonight James Henry & Rob Hall. Seem's they have quite a decent team on paper Oxford, they also have Jamie Mackie, Ben Woodburn & Matt Taylor (Ex Bristol Rovers player)

Edited by Okocha10