Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford

jeep

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Marvelous, entertaining, positive front foot football.

Joy to watch. Buckley's movement early doors and quality passses destroyed them.

Wonder where he'll play when a striker is fit.

Verlinden a real threat, just needs to get his head up more often.

Bridcutt classy and I'm sure he'll improve as hit fitness levels rise.

Proper team effort overall, should have had the game won after 20 minutes, but don't suppose we can have everything.

I think Buckley will replace Politic when we have a striker, rightly or wrongly.  I love Politic's style and he'll be great but I don't think he's been able to show what he's capable of in the last 2 games.  But we know how poor Buckley can be so there will be chances for all our midfielders, and I suspect Verlinden will be back at Stoke in Jan assuming Stoke have a new manager by then.

I love the fact that we were competitive and in with a chance of all 3 points and that the style of play was more ambitious than we've seen for ages. Only a point but without doubt a step in the right direction. Less worried now than I have been in a long, long time. Well done Mr Hill.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Just watched KH interview brilliant can see the passion excellent performance last night small steps but now looking forward to the season which I haven't for along time.

His interview was better than the previous post match one.

Less "all over the place".

Important bit is what goes on on it pitch though

3 hours ago, Matty said:

Is it not the bottom 3 that go down so in effect it’s 17 points from safety as Accrington are on 6 points?

This gap will close down, we've only just had our first game really, be it with unfamiliarity amongst the newcomers.  Once we steady the ship these kind of performances will earn points.  COYFWM

4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don’t care what he’s like in interviews. Or any manager. It’s irrelevant. But he is irritating. And can imagine if you’ve just lost after a long trip away from home on the back of a string of defeats and we’re listening to him you’d probably be a bit fed up to say the least! But that’s personal thing. He’s here, he’s our cunt and yesterday shows he knows what he’s doing. Long may it continue. 

It’s not irrelevant in the slightest. It sets a tone, creates a culture and is a bit of our window into his world...

perception is reality 

FTR I have no issue with Hill in the slightest and I’m delighted so far....I can just identify with what Dale fans have said :)

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

It’s not irrelevant in the slightest. It sets a tone, creates a culture and is a bit of our window into his world...

perception is reality 

FTR I have no issue with Hill in the slightest and I’m delighted so far....I can just identify with what Dale fans have said :)

I agree with that. On pitch performance is the main means of judgement, and it's a breath of fresh air.

Reckon I'll just not watch his interviews though.

There's a 27 page match thread on Oxford ways, i found it quite funny but to save anyone trawling through it all, the gist went something like this -

Tues 6.30 pm..... " We'll smash these whipping boys"

Tues 7pm........... "Yeh, should be able get our goal difference up"

Tues 7.30pm......"Did you see their defence v Rotherham? It was shambolic,  0-7 to us"

Tues 8 .20..........."Fuckin 'ell, we should be 3 nil down"

Tues 8.30............"They've got some fuckin' decent players these"

Tues 8.45..........."They'll get tired 2nd half, we'll smash 'em"

Tues 9.00..........." They'll beat quite a few teams this season with this side"

Tues 9.15............"When are they gonna get tired?"

Tues 9.30......... " It's wrong that the EFL let them strengthen their squad after their kids got smashed a few times"

Tues 9.45............."When are they gonna get tired?"

Tues 10pm........ "Ah well, a point is a point. We were shit though and our manager is fucking clueless"

See, we've already started upsetting folk  😂😂😂

Edited by Burndens Bogs

20 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There's a 27 page match thread on Oxford ways, i found it quite funny but to save anyone trawling through it all, the gist went something like this -

Tues 7.30pm......"Did you see their defence v Rotherham? It was shambolic,  0-7 to us"

Tues 9.00..........." They'll beat quite a few teams this season with this side"

Tues 9.30......... " It's wrong that the EFL let them strengthen their squad after their kids got smashed a few times"

Tues 10pm........ "Ah well, a point is a point. We were shit though and our manager is fucking clueless"

I can’t be arsed checking but I fucking hope that’s real! 

8 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Good performance, enjoyed the football we played. Buckley tends to look better with more movement around him, think he will end up at the centre of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 as above.

Liked the look of Wright though puzzled why he didn't go up for corners?

Don't know what the score is with Bridcutt but if he keeps playing like that I would be surprised to see him still with us by Feb. 

Guess it's cos Wright is too old to be jogging up and down the pitch like that.

As for Hill's interviews, yeah he's a bit weird but we don't have to listen to them if we don't want to.

2 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Guess it's cos Wright is too old to be jogging up and down the pitch like that.

As for Hill's interviews, yeah he's a bit weird but we don't have to listen to them if we don't want to.

I really like his interviews, refreshingly original and quirky. I’ll bet his team talks are fascinating. He isn’t trying to be somebody he isn’t or telling the interviewer what he thinks people want to hear.

Good stuff, keep kicking it up the Hill Keith!

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Their manager backed up what they’ve said, he praised us.  Anyhow, what he said won’t give us the points we should of had, we fight another day, we will respect the enemy and try and earn what we’re fighting for, nobody will give us anything so that’s in the bin, it’s us v them whoever we play.

• The topic was unpinned
On 21/09/2019 at 22:16, marple whites said:

Won 6-0 away at Lincoln today !!

Couldn't quite believe that result - really does add to the case for cautious optimism for this season. Sure, Lincoln have just lost the Cowleys, but really, on their Tuesday showing, Oxford are nothing special.