Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Kit / Sponsors?

leef78

Who cares?

The vast majority of shorts are sold to people who'd buy them regardless of colour, design , sponsor etc.

You can bet the margins on these piss all over any deal we've had in recent history and any drops in sales will be more than covered by a higher gross profit.

As for the sponsor, are folk forgetting HB's part in our survival?

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Wasn't that just sweaty Ken not sending their cut of the money from sales to Macron?

I'd heard we had to sell way more than we could to break even on the deal. So were losing money on it. But who knows? Ken seemed to suggest it was a deal that cost us money too.  Setup before reality kicked in I think. 

• Site Supporter

say we sold 10,000 over the year.

we pay for our shirts. say around £20 each, then sell them onto joe public at £40(double that for full kit wankers)

even if we made £20 per shirt, thats 200k - not to be sniffed at in our situation.

say these cost us less, probably around a tenner. we are now hoping for 300k, if the retail is the same amount.

problem is, if the kit is shit, no fucker is buying it. so we will just be left with overstock.

Edited by HomerJay

6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

say we sold 10,000 over the year.

we pay for our shirts. say around £20 each, then sell them onto joe public at £40(double that for full kit wankers)

even if we made £20 per shirt, thats 200k - not to be sniffed at in our situation.

say these cost us less, probably around a tenner. we are now hoping for 300k, if the retail is the same amount.

problem is, if the kit is shit, no fucker is buying it. so we will just be left with overstock.

We were on less than a tenner per Macron shirt.
I reckon we're making £25 on these.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

We were on less than a tenner per Macron shirt.
I reckon we're making £25 on these.

Will be nearer to about £14-£15 in my experience depending on the costs involved on badges and sponsor but I hope you’re right and have absolute faith that FV will have been able to achieve a margin like that. They know just as much as the rest of us that there is a certain market who will buy the shirt no matter what, and fair play to them for not necessarily sticking another tenner on for exactly that reason. 

• Site Supporter

Plenty of sponsors at clubs that aren't inspirational, not necessarily huge multi national corporations.

Looks a bit naff, but such is the nature of the brand I suppose.

Not that it matters though if sponsorship is worth a few quid.

Having this ethical company involved too is a good move for me.

Might be a little seed that helps the big manufacturers look at themselves.