Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Kit / Sponsors?

leef78

1 hour ago, Traf said:

At the end of the day, it's a rush job to last us the next 7 months

Exactly.  When we walked out at Wycombe and we were all going teary eyed that we still existed, we werent saying "that kit's awful", nobody cared.  Its a stop gap, and will be out of date by May, hence the price compared to previous seasons.  We can get back to whingeing about kits and sponsors and ticket prices next season when the owners have time to breathe and make considered decisions.  We exist in the EFL, and we have good owners and management, don't care about much else.

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

You're not telling me you dont feel a bit of pride when you see BW shirts out and about, or on the way to away games.  I dont get why wearing colours before during or after matches has become uncool, next it will be uncool to sing or to cheer when scoring, you could argue all that is just for kids too.  

27 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Looks good, shall get one for lad 

adults wearing replica tops apart from on holiday is wrong 

Got worried for a minute there as someone who was wearing a replica top on holiday earlier today 😊 (other half is wearing her BWFC polo while we’re out watching the game so I’ve reverted to type now)

Anyone doubting the value of Home Bargains as a sponsor needs to a) check their turnover and b) sample one of their 38p coconut and cherry flapjacks

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Got worried for a minute there as someone who was wearing a replica top on holiday earlier today 😊 (other half is wearing her BWFC polo while we’re out watching the game so I’ve reverted to type now)

Anyone doubting the value of Home Bargains as a sponsor needs to a) check their turnover and b) sample one of their 38p coconut and cherry flapjacks

Pedigree dog food is cheaper than Asda 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Our tops have been shite since Adidas stopped making them, not been impressed at all. Although I never bye one, basically because football tops look shit as a fashion accessory, unless it's a Mexico or Roma top.

I just can't picture you in a skin tight Kappa Roma muscle top.

It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but I think it's significant that many of those criticising it are also those most likely to ordinarily have bought a new shirt.

The sponsor is perfectly fine but if I'm being honest I find the "Established 1877" embarrassing. It's like opting for Rola Cola instead of the real thing.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine