Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Kit / Sponsors?

leef78

8 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

"The kits have been produced by Wanderers in conjunction with Leeds-based Infinity Apparel who were carefully selected by the club due to their commitment in adhering to stringent ethical, environmental and employment standards including safe working conditions, living wages and ensuring that that no child labour is used in any part of the supply chain."

That's going to go down well with some on here....but good on them. 

And that is way more important than the design. Which to me looks fine apart from the logo - but any logo will more or less be a problem. 

Infinity Apparel are an offshoot of New Balance.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No problem with the kit, it’s fine, the sponsors worth 3.5 billion I’ll take some crumbs off his table and you never know he might just fancy a little flutter on BWFC. Welcome aboard Tom. 👍

Had time to think about it and youre spot on.  

43 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

This. And you’re a tight twat. 

And it looked better on telly that I might invest after all. 

I might be tight, but I put £60 in that till tonight, whilst you were lining some dago's pockets 😉 

17 minutes ago, Traf said:

Infinity Apparel are an offshoot of New Balance.

I'm not having a pop but are you sure about that or simply repeating what Iles said in his blog?

Doesn't seem to be any tie up between the two companies that I can find?

Infinity Apparel seem to be an offshoot of Infinity Incorporated, and that company is 75% or more owned by a Mr Darren Cohen. who again doesn't seem to have any link to New Balance either?

The only secured creditor for Infinity Incorporated is the bank.

There is a tenuous link between the two via John Moores University where New Balance works in partnership with them and Infinity Apparel supply the sportswear to the University but that's nothing like the same as saying IA is an offshoot on NB.

I think Infinity is simply a stand alone company in it's own right.

IA doesn't appear to be a clothing designer or manufacturer.

It would seem to me their method of operation is to source the clothing from abroad, bring it to Leeds and 'customise' it by printing or adding transfers to it, embroidering  it if the customer so requires, and relabelling it in accordance to UK requirements (the washing instruction tag).

I guess this enables them to be competitive on price, which in turn allows the purchaser to retail the goods at a high margin of profit or a discounted sale price to the consumer - and that's why they are being sold £10 cheaper than normal shirt prices.

The disadvantage I guess is being limited on choice as to what shirts IA can source rather than provide a design and manufacture facility themselves.

Everybody seems to win, IA provides finished goods in just six weeks, the club has a shirt, shirt sponsor is already onboard (PBP owns Home Bargains) and the fans are able to buy a new club shirt £10 less than they normally would.

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'm not having a pop but are you sure about that or simply repeating what Iles said in his blog?

Infinity Apparel seem to be an offshoot of Infinity Incorporated, and that company is 75% or more owned by a Mr Darren Cohen. who again doesn't seem to have any link to New Balance either?

There is a tenuous link between the two via John Moores University where New Balance works in partnership with them and Infinity Apparel supply the sportswear to the University but that's nothing like the same as saying IA is an offshoot on NB.

It would seem to me their method of operation is to source the clothing from abroad, bring it to Leeds and 'customise' it by printing or adding transfers to it, embroidering  it if the customer so requires, and relabelling it in accordance to UK requirements (the washing instruction tag).

I guess this enables them to be competitive on price, which in turn allows the purchaser to retail the goods at a high margin of profit or a discounted sale price to the consumer - and that's why they are being sold £10 cheaper than normal shirt prices.

The disadvantage I guess is being limited on choice as to what shirts IA can source rather than provide a design and manufacture facility themselves.

Everybody seems to win, IA provides finished goods in just six weeks, the club has a shirt, shirt sponsor is already onboard (PBP owns Home Bargains) and the fans are able to buy a new club shirt £10 less than they normally would.

Haha. This Sluffy is some creation. Fantastic piss take gotta be. 

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Its a Bloody Shirt , not a take over !!!

10 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Outside of the big prem clubs , most clubs don't deal directly with the kit manufacturer anymore, instead they get a licencing agreement, buy a pre-existing teamwear template kit from a distributor, and then they'll send it to a printing company like IA to put the badges and the sponsors on. In this case it could be that we've cut out the distributor, and got IA source a manufacturer. 

Football kits are generally a massive rip off, have you ever been in a Barca club shop - (they have 17 shops at the moment) a proper kids home shirt costs £80, full adults home kit, £185, possibly produced by child labour, in a sweatshop in Vietnam. 

Anyway,  - kit it looked good on the telly last night, its cheaper than normal, it will generate some cash, and it looks like FV have used their nous to make the kit more affordable, and ethically sound - good signs. 

10 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Outside of the big prem clubs , most clubs don't deal directly with the kit manufacturer anymore, instead they get a licencing agreement, buy a pre-existing teamwear template kit from a distributor, and then they'll send it to a printing company like IA to put the badges and the sponsors on. In this case it could be that we've cut out the distributor, and got IA source a manufacturer. 

Football kits are generally a massive rip off, have you ever been in a Barca club shop - (they have 17 shops at the moment) a proper kids home shirt costs £80, full adults home kit, £185, possibly produced by child labour, in a sweatshop in Vietnam. 

Anyway,  - kit it looked good on the telly last night, its cheaper than normal, it will generate some cash, and it looks like FV have used their nous to make the kit more affordable, and ethically sound - good signs. 

Boooooom! We have a winner.

Halle-fucking-lujah, hardly rocket science, is it? Anyway, a prize from the middle shelf is yours.