Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Kit / Sponsors?

leef78

The more I think about it and the more I look at it, the more I like both it and the idea behind it. It feels nice to have a properly bespoke kit and the fact that it's been produced ethically, with considerations made as to fair pricing bodes very well.

A hearty well done to FV for putting it all together in such a short timeframe.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I think it's absolutely disgusting that a professional and esteemed journalist has not trawled through pages of shit to be informed by sluffys superior knowledge. 

On 08/10/2019 at 00:49, Sluffy said:

I'm not having a pop but are you sure about that or simply repeating what Iles said in his blog?

Doesn't seem to be any tie up between the two companies that I can find?

Infinity Apparel seem to be an offshoot of Infinity Incorporated, and that company is 75% or more owned by a Mr Darren Cohen. who again doesn't seem to have any link to New Balance either?

The only secured creditor for Infinity Incorporated is the bank.

There is a tenuous link between the two via John Moores University where New Balance works in partnership with them and Infinity Apparel supply the sportswear to the University but that's nothing like the same as saying IA is an offshoot on NB.

I think Infinity is simply a stand alone company in it's own right.

IA doesn't appear to be a clothing designer or manufacturer.

It would seem to me their method of operation is to source the clothing from abroad, bring it to Leeds and 'customise' it by printing or adding transfers to it, embroidering  it if the customer so requires, and relabelling it in accordance to UK requirements (the washing instruction tag).

I guess this enables them to be competitive on price, which in turn allows the purchaser to retail the goods at a high margin of profit or a discounted sale price to the consumer - and that's why they are being sold £10 cheaper than normal shirt prices.

The disadvantage I guess is being limited on choice as to what shirts IA can source rather than provide a design and manufacture facility themselves.

Everybody seems to win, IA provides finished goods in just six weeks, the club has a shirt, shirt sponsor is already onboard (PBP owns Home Bargains) and the fans are able to buy a new club shirt £10 less than they normally would.

Imagine writing all this and then finding out via Thumbhead you are wrong.

Happy can you limit Sluffy's account like twitter so he can only use a couple of lines. 

3 minutes ago, Big E said:

Imagine writing all this and then finding out via Thumbhead you are wrong.

Happy can you limit Sluffy's account like twitter so he can only use a couple of lines.   words

Just fixed that for you, mate.

Edited by Traf

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

Offshoot, but not part of.

Iles wrote 'offshoot' in his article that he's since deleted and which he now 'apologises' for.

He also posted this in his match day blog -

7:54pm

Infinity Apparel - who are an offshoot of New Balance.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17952618.bolton-wanderers-0-blackpool-0-matchday-live-blog/

Infinity Apparel and New Balance are not connected to each other, so not an 'offshoot of' and not 'part of'.

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Iles wrote 'offshoot' in his article that he's since deleted and which he now 'apologises' for.

He also posted this in his match day blog -

7:54pm

Infinity Apparel - who are an offshoot of New Balance.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17952618.bolton-wanderers-0-blackpool-0-matchday-live-blog/

Infinity Apparel and New Balance are not connected to each other, so not an 'offshoot of' and not 'part of'.

You are still a tedious cunt who is sucking the life out of this site.