Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Kit / Sponsors?

leef78

4 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Unbeaten in that kit.. we should wear it at home.

Brazil wore white until 1950, but lost their home World Cup in the final match (there was no final), and then switched to what they have worn since with a good deal of success.

However Whites should be in white whenever practicable (and 100% record in the change strip would not go amiss).

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Brazil wore white until 1950, but lost their home World Cup in the final match (there was no final), and then switched to what they have worn since with a good deal of success.

However Whites should be in white whenever practicable (and 100% record in the change strip would not go amiss).

Whoever made that decision about Brazil changing to yellow...I think he's owed a billion or 2 by kit/merchandise manufacturers and TV companies worldwide.  I'm convinced they wouldnt have half the aura they have if they'd been wearing white at the 1970 and 1982 WCs.  Same goes for the Barca kit, they'd probably be a mere giant if they played in Coventry's colours.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Haven't Italy changed to green or summat 

yep

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7547195/Italy-release-stunning-GREEN-renaissance-kit-inspired-shirt-wore-1954.html

Italy release their stunning GREEN 'renaissance' kit inspired by the shirt they wore once back in 1954 as they ditch blue to celebrate a new wave of young talent coming through

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Whoever made that decision about Brazil changing to yellow...I think he's owed a billion or 2 by kit/merchandise manufacturers and TV companies worldwide.  I'm convinced they wouldnt have half the aura they have if they'd been wearing white at the 1970 and 1982 WCs.  Same goes for the Barca kit, they'd probably be a mere giant if they played in Coventry's colours.

A 19 year old won a newspaper contest, he selected the colour based upon the flag.

Italy kit is a third kit

47 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

A 19 year old won a newspaper contest, he selected the colour based upon the flag.

Italy kit is a third kit

It's there first kit for 6 month (not sure how many games they play in that time) then they release the kit for Euro 2020 which is expected to revert back to blue. 

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

I thought MJ had got HB fella to tip up some money through Prescott Business Parks to help with the takeover

I think, could well be wrong, that PBP just own some land

33 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Won't happen on the home kit but a possibility on the away

Won’t happen on either I wouldn’t imagine?. You aren’t going to get a business to change their logo surely? Of which the colour is an integral part on the branding of their stores vehicles etc. 

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Won’t happen on either I wouldn’t imagine?. You aren’t going to get a business to change their logo surely? Of which the colour is an integral part on the branding of their stores vehicles etc. 

Much bigger clubs than us but city, Liverpool and Chelsea all have colour coordinated logos on away and 3rd kits this season

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Much bigger clubs than us but city, Liverpool and Chelsea all have colour coordinated logos on away and 3rd kits this season

Fair point frank. Suspect they carry a bit more clout and the sponsor wants to be on the shirt desperately unlike ourselves. 

• Members
28 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Also paid a fuck load by the main sponsor to do so