Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
leef78

New Kit / Sponsors?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Looks cheap, I don't buy replica shirts anyway but I can't see this being a popular seller, its crap

In reality how many adult shirts do we sell anyway? Maybe 500 a year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Looks alright on telly to be fair.

My thoughts as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Looks alright on telly to be fair.

Indeed, what's all the fuss about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeep said:

I like it.

These moaning fuckers moaning about it won't even be buying one anyway. 

Moaning cunts 

 

In one !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem with the kit, it’s fine, the sponsors worth 3.5 billion I’ll take some crumbs off his table and you never know he might just fancy a little flutter on BWFC. Welcome aboard Tom. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind it, we've had shitter home shirts in the past. Sports bra cream, barcode with pocket etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive queues and plenty buying it in the club shop pre-match.

Kids all seemed to like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never seen the club shop so busy. Fortunately Junior still just about fits in a child shirt, saving this miserable old bastard a fiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

"The kits have been produced by Wanderers in conjunction with Leeds-based Infinity Apparel who were carefully selected by the club due to their commitment in adhering to stringent ethical, environmental and employment standards including safe working conditions, living wages and ensuring that that no child labour is used in any part of the supply chain."

That's going to go down well with some on here....but good on them. 

And that is way more important than the design. Which to me looks fine apart from the logo - but any logo will more or less be a problem. 

Infinity Apparel are an offshoot of New Balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

The kids shirts have the sponsors name on then?

Seems a while since that happened.

Yeah, because they're not gambling, beer or adult themed product-related

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should get Halbro on board, local firm, owner a fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Traf said:

Yeah, because they're not gambling, beer or adult themed product-related

This. And you’re a tight twat. 

And it looked better on telly that I might invest after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No problem with the kit, it’s fine, the sponsors worth 3.5 billion I’ll take some crumbs off his table and you never know he might just fancy a little flutter on BWFC. Welcome aboard Tom. 👍

Had time to think about it and youre spot on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

This. And you’re a tight twat. 

And it looked better on telly that I might invest after all. 

I might be tight, but I put £60 in that till tonight, whilst you were lining some dago's pockets 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Traf said:

Infinity Apparel are an offshoot of New Balance.

I'm not having a pop but are you sure about that or simply repeating what Iles said in his blog?

Doesn't seem to be any tie up between the two companies that I can find?

Infinity Apparel seem to be an offshoot of Infinity Incorporated, and that company is 75% or more owned by a Mr Darren Cohen. who again doesn't seem to have any link to New Balance either?

The only secured creditor for Infinity Incorporated is the bank.

There is a tenuous link between the two via John Moores University where New Balance works in partnership with them and Infinity Apparel supply the sportswear to the University but that's nothing like the same as saying IA is an offshoot on NB.

I think Infinity is simply a stand alone company in it's own right.

IA doesn't appear to be a clothing designer or manufacturer.

It would seem to me their method of operation is to source the clothing from abroad, bring it to Leeds and 'customise' it by printing or adding transfers to it, embroidering  it if the customer so requires, and relabelling it in accordance to UK requirements (the washing instruction tag).

I guess this enables them to be competitive on price, which in turn allows the purchaser to retail the goods at a high margin of profit or a discounted sale price to the consumer - and that's why they are being sold £10 cheaper than normal shirt prices.

The disadvantage I guess is being limited on choice as to what shirts IA can source rather than provide a design and manufacture facility themselves.

Everybody seems to win, IA provides finished goods in just six weeks, the club has a shirt, shirt sponsor is already onboard (PBP owns Home Bargains) and the fans are able to buy a new club shirt £10 less than they normally would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sluffy just can't skip the opportunity to go down a companies house rabbit hole can he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sluffy just can't skip the opportunity to go down a companies house rabbit hole can he? 

No where to be seen on the match thread. Was even on the tv. Some fan is stuffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'm not having a pop but are you sure about that or simply repeating what Iles said in his blog?

Doesn't seem to be any tie up between the two companies that I can find?

Infinity Apparel seem to be an offshoot of Infinity Incorporated, and that company is 75% or more owned by a Mr Darren Cohen. who again doesn't seem to have any link to New Balance either?

The only secured creditor for Infinity Incorporated is the bank.

There is a tenuous link between the two via John Moores University where New Balance works in partnership with them and Infinity Apparel supply the sportswear to the University but that's nothing like the same as saying IA is an offshoot on NB.

I think Infinity is simply a stand alone company in it's own right.

IA doesn't appear to be a clothing designer or manufacturer.

It would seem to me their method of operation is to source the clothing from abroad, bring it to Leeds and 'customise' it by printing or adding transfers to it, embroidering  it if the customer so requires, and relabelling it in accordance to UK requirements (the washing instruction tag).

I guess this enables them to be competitive on price, which in turn allows the purchaser to retail the goods at a high margin of profit or a discounted sale price to the consumer - and that's why they are being sold £10 cheaper than normal shirt prices.

The disadvantage I guess is being limited on choice as to what shirts IA can source rather than provide a design and manufacture facility themselves.

Everybody seems to win, IA provides finished goods in just six weeks, the club has a shirt, shirt sponsor is already onboard (PBP owns Home Bargains) and the fans are able to buy a new club shirt £10 less than they normally would.

Haha. This Sluffy is some creation. Fantastic piss take gotta be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you stop quoting him please. Those of us who have him on ignore don't want to read his diatribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well my lad laughed at the media pics. but when he saw in club shop, he wanted it.

we were going back at the weekend and putting whichever player scored last night on the back............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.