Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fanzone

kent_white

30 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Red Roger could do a stint each week telling an old yarn about United’s mob 

30 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Red Roger could do a stint each week telling an old yarn about United’s mob 

I'm not convinced they aren't all miami on a wind up. 

I used to go in the fanzone as it was easier to get served than the in ground bars and I wanted to get a bit pissed before the game with not far to walk, so it was pretty handy and it had a HITW just outside.

However Id rather they got roadrunner back for the match games (or any end of season dvd comps)  and did the end of season dinners again . 
The legends night was brilliant and the majority of them were a scream ...Imagine what it would have been like after the forest game !

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cheers Just a thought during a the game why not leave the fanzone open so folk can use it at half time it would take pressure off the kiosks. 

Said the same myself, plus it gives old people like you an opportunity to sit down.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cheers Just a thought during a the game why not leave the fanzone open so folk can use it at half time it would take pressure off the kiosks. 

Ok for East stand,but how long would it take to get served after walking round from North stand, and there would be no chance from the West stand.

Seems the ST didn't ask the social media lot if they would want to be included in something like this. 

Without wanting to sound anything like Sluffy ever, I'm absolutely shocked by this. 

Edited by Kane57

3 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

If the fanzone re opens does that mean we are cancelling all bookings for the suite on match days.

Thought one major problem was that it was regularly closed for events and the lack of consistently pissed fans off?

As I understand it from what I've read, there will be games when it's not on, presumably due to booked events as before.

43 minutes ago, Carlos said:

To the the best of my knowledge we have no dialogue with them in any way.

They don't represent us, and vice versa.

I don't think anybody or any entity has any sort of dialogue with them that isn't fractious 

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Traf said:

Room needs setting up like a beer festival. Get rid of all those big round tables and make it less formal.

No guest speakers, cheerleaders, live music or shitty quizzes either.

Correct.

Could do with one of the local breweries sponsoring a corner apiece and putting their own stuff on beer fest style and leave the rest of the room to the standard FZ stuff. Blackedge v Bank Top. Now that's a dinnertime kick off.

I’m no fan of the ST at all but at least they seem to be making an effort in a useful direction this time. I like the suggestions on here that go for a few beer stalls, some decent grub and maybe an old match on the big screen or a feed from a camera focussed on the club shop relaying the days straightener

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

It'll end up being nothing like anybody wants.

It'll be too sanitised and formal and if the Trust are involved, I can see it being a shambles.

Are they even insured to do something like this?

Unless I've missed it, their last AGM was held November 2017 (the previous and very first AGM being held in July 2016 - with the ST being launched in March 2016)

As far as I can tell they are not in compliance with their own constitution being the snappily entitled 'Supporters Direct, Model Rules for a Supporters Community Mutual (2014 Version) which is lodged at the Mutuals Public Register, on a number of counts, particularly relating to non compliance of holding a yearly AGM and the election of Directors to their board.

On the face of it, it would seem to me the ST has a question mark hanging over it because of the breach of it's own constitution in these regards so much so that I question whether it is now even a properly constituted legal entity and thus have the power to enter into contracts.

If I was an ST board member I would be getting extremely concerned that I didn't find myself personally liable if anything went awry until these matters are addressed and rectified urgently and in advance of any public function they would wish to get involved in.

Presumably FV will have Public Liability Insurance cover for any events they hold but if they have contracted out the operation of the Fanzone to the ST then presumably it would be them who would be liable if anything untoward happened and if I was the insurance provider I'd be looking to establish that the ST are a properly constituted body - I'd certainly be looking that they are operating in accordance with their constitution - which it doesn't seem to me that they currently are.

So if you are at the Fanzone and slip on a carelessly discarded, overly buttered, hot dog bun and end up breaking your coccyx, then who going to sue for your compo?