Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fanzone

kent_white

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

"Polling is open via surverymonkey about what we want from a return to Fanzone."

I'd say that is somewhat resoundingly stating the topic to be about the Fanzone. Jesus wept.

I'd say it was in respect of a Supporters Trust survey which happens to be about the Fanzone and was specifically asking who from this site would represent the forum in respect of a single question on the ST's questionnaire (of which the ST hadn't contacted this or other sites as far as I'm aware, even to ask if anyone from those respect forums the ST questionnaire named would even like to provide a representative to take part in the first place!).

The thread indeed morphed into a more general discussion about the Fanzone but the thread was indeed started in respect of something the ST was asking.

Just now, Sluffy said:

I'd say it was in respect of a Supporters Trust survey which happens to be about the Fanzone and was specifically asking who from this site would represent the forum in respect of a single question on the ST's questionnaire (of which the ST hadn't contacted this or other sites as far as I'm aware, even to ask if anyone from those respect forums the ST questionnaire named would even like to provide a representative to take part in the first place!).

The thread indeed morphed into a more general discussion about the Fanzone but the thread was indeed started in respect of something the ST was asking.

Have you got any thoughts on the Fanzone?

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

So in Sluffys eyes,Chris is once again correct. To the rest of us it’s a thread titled “Fanzone” about fanzone. I’m losing the fucking will here

Edited by Burndens Bogs

28 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Correct but let's be honest this is really about the irrelevant ST trying to make itself relevant. Its up to FV to run the show and to make commercial decisions. If they can improve the matchday experience and make it commercially viable, FV should just get on with it.

I don't see any reason why it couldn't be viable.The fixed costs are there whether its used or not but I wouldn't be relying on any of the Trust board as partners or business advisors and I wouldn't expect FV to.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

To sum up the ST are an ineffective group set up with a narrow remit ie to promote themselves.They have weighed in with the peripheral Fanzone re-creation to show they are useful which of course is not true as when Rome was burning they did'nt even have a fuckin water pistol  between them.Anyway not arsed either way about the Fanzone just happy to have football club.

20 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Why? Do they get 'where' and 'were' mixed up or mistake 78 for 87?  The thick bastards.

No nothing as important as that. Just a chairman claiming that Dean Holdsworth spent a million quid in fees before buying half the club for 50P, hadn't a clue about the club's financial outgoings and a board member claiming that Michael James was unfit to be anywhere near having a  financial interest in BWFC. And that's before we even start on governance issues.

4 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Don't kid yourself. There never were many on here who were arsed about anything unless it fed into their ill-considered prejudices.

Total horseshit. 

You continue to confuse criticism of your condescending style, repetitive juvenile name calling and sneering attitude with criticism of your factual input, based on your experience and research, which is generally well received.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

24 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Stuffy and cuntodiet clearly have an axe to grind and are using this forum as a platform for it. 

As said previously though, one of them actually runs their own forum yet still chooses to spam this one.

The reason often given is that there's people on here interested in what's being said but if that's the case, post a link to the relevant topic on that forum and see how many migrate to there and leave us simple folk to wallow in less worthy topics like actually going to games and getting behind the team.

5 hours ago, Traf said:

This particular Richard head will be more than happy to knock you into the middle of next week, you patronising cunt.

Now why don't you and the other boring just fuck and chat elsewhere. Nobody on here gives a fuck about what either of you pompous pricks have to say. 

Woah!!!! Just hang on a minute here

This site is definitely going to the dogs 

Two pages ago Traf offered the first straightener on here for ages. And all you set of pansies can do is keep on arguing the toss about the specifics of who said what and the title of the thread

Get a fucking grip. Venue is obvious. Day and time need sorting 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Two pages ago Traf offered the first straightener on here for ages. And all you set of pansies can do is keep on arguing the toss about the specifics of who said what and the title of the thread

CC will need to order the ring and ride 😊

Custard and Sluffy are obviously Wanderers fans, but they don't quite fit the mantle on here with their holier than thou attitude, their condescending and often patronising posts, they just rub people up the wrong way.

Maybe they'd be better on the wanderer.co.uk or some other Wanderers site , but i'd guess those sites have long  since got of them bored of them and fucked them off.

This is a site for Wanderers fans, not wannabe forensic accountants.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Venue and time ain't obvious. Needs to be agreed with my mate Tyson

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Have you got any thoughts on the Fanzone?

I wish it well and hopes it meets in full the various expectations of those who would wish to frequent it.

I'm not sure why this thread turned into something of a shit-storm?

It started off about the ST's questionnaire about what they were gathering information on about running the Fanzone and I merely posed the question of whether or not, due to them breaching their own written constitution, they could legally do so?

Seemed a reasonable - and obvious - question to me.

I've not been negative, I wasn't being condescending, I wasn't trying to be clever, put the ST down or anything else - merely asking a simple question in advance of the event because if there is an issue then the ST and the club have time to work around it and still put on the Fanzone and if there wasn't then all well and good and my concern wasn't warranted.

Isn't that better than the Fanzone being called off at the last minute because they find they can no longer enter into contracts because they breached their rights to be able to do so, or even worse if your dad or child hurts themselves whilst there and it is later found out no one is financially insured to put things right again for them?

This isn't a group of friends and neighbours putting on a barbeque in your back garden type thing, this is a registered company (albeit it non a profit organisation) putting on a public, commercial, event.

Like it or not they have to do so in requirement of the law.

As for the threats of abuse to Chris, a bloke certainly in his seventies, if not his eighties, is utterly disgraceful whatever provocation he may have made and to find out the worst he's said is that he finds a few on here either thick or a bit of a dickhead is a shocking overreaction from some.  

Maybe some of the stuff was said towards him in jest but some jokes just aren't funny - and can lead to those who said it being referred to the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/jun/13/police-investigate-jo-brands-battery-acid-remark

I'm no spoilsport or anything but several grown men issuing threats of violence to a pensioner, just because he called them thick or a dickhead is a massive and disgraceful overreaction in my eyes.

Maybe he should have kept his thoughts to himself but macho threats of violence towards him for saying so is unbelievable and totally unwarranted.

Are we not better than this by now?

I find it utterly bizarre that there’s any suggestion that the hotel/BWFC would have over any sort of official responsibility to the trust. To me at least, it seems pretty clear that they’re only being used as a bit of a think tank, and even then probably overestimating their own importance in that particular role.