Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
kent_white

Fanzone

I always thought his favourite was Brian Eclair

It's back with local beer at £3 a pint.. Promising

Edited by Spider

Imagine it's summat to do with the profit they make in the FZ being less than that made on the concourses, this way they get fans in the stadium spending earlier than normal

It all sounds shit to me, so I'll not be bothering.

It sounds very similar to the sterile crap we got last time. Big tables, guest speakers, raffles & quizzes are not the way forward, they're making it like a pre-match LoV suite.

16 minutes ago, Traf said:

It all sounds shit to me, so I'll not be bothering.

It sounds very similar to the sterile crap we got last time. Big tables, guest speakers, raffles & quizzes are not the way forward, they're making it like a pre-match LoV suite.

I've been to a few clubs pre-match stadium drinking holes, it's not rocket science! Keep it simple, bar with good drinks selection & good service, big screen showing SSN/lunch time game/last away game, simple easy food selection & all with reasonable pricing.

I don't get these raffles, quizzes & live music gimics. It's a football match, not a working man's club.

They’d be better off getting 1 or 2 of the old boys just walking around the place getting mithered by folk who want to mither them rather than have speeches.

Stejay has already bagsied Dave Lee

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

They’d be better off getting 1 or 2 of the old boys just walking around the place getting mithered by folk who want to mither them rather than have speeches.

Stejay has already bagsied Dave Lee

Howdo, you scheming, slimy twat.

Great to see you again. 🤣

Only been in fanzone once. 15 minutes before kick off, a rapper took to the stage and everyone walked out, including me. I felt sorry for him, but it was fucking shite.

Poor spelling that,  cheese. I thought it was widely known that when used to describe a musical genre,  rap had a silent C at the beginning.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Only been in fanzone once. 15 minutes before kick off, a rapper took to the stage and everyone walked out, including me. I felt sorry for him, but it was fucking shite.

Last time I was in, they turned the footy off so a 12 year old girl, who'd won Wigan's got talent, could sing a song

A good 20 or 30 blokes having a pre match beer looking on

It was all bit awkward

Hotel for me too. You could tell when the FanZone kicked folk out at 2.00 because suddenly our queue was to the top of the stairs. So much for it making folk go to the concourse bars.

Last orders at half 2 makes much more sense.

My dad can't drink at the mo so we won't be going but I want it to be successful for the fans that do.

Did anyone else notice a slight changes to hotel experience? Carrs pasties on the bar (£3 tho compared to £1.65 on halliwell road) and a pool table tho dont know if that will be in operation matchdays. Also a closed off reserved section which i take it folk can pre book. Anyway thanks all who went to fanzone coukd get to bar a lot quicker up until 2.30 but stocked up by then.