Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln away

Marc505

• Moderators
Just now, Marc505 said:

Pissed off was well up for this today. Weather has been dismal over this way for ages now though.

Unless they put them on Saturdays when everyone's out of the cup we've got some major midweek faffing about in the coming months.

Would only work if we both got knocked out first round

Fixtures scheduled on the same day of every round after round two (I think)

We will probably be facing teams that go on cup runs, or might even have one ourselves

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Would only work if we both got knocked out first round

Fixtures scheduled on the same day of every round after round two (I think)

We will probably be facing teams that go on cup runs, or might even have one ourselves

Oh aye yeah, some scheduling headaches to come then.

Possibly one where both teams won't be too devastated to not play so they can gain some players/fitness/form back, but I had a good feeling about today.

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Remember getting to Port Vale years ago outside the stadium & the game being called off. Fuming I was, feel sorry the fans who travelled down today.

Aye, me too. It was over Christmas I recall. We finished up at Crewe v Huddersfield (?).

I got the bollocking of my life because I rang Mrs Fogarty to say the match was off but neglected too say we were finding another match. She had spent the afternoon watching the news for motorway piles up and was less than pleased when I arrived home starving and pissed wondering what was the problem.

Β 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's rare isn't it?

Must be pretty bad.

Easing off here now.

I think so, it's right next to a river yet never hear of their games being called off. Rained non stop for ages really, I know it's been bad back home but it's flat as owt here