Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln away

Marc505

Just now, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Brilliant ... made me laugh out loud after watching the debacle at Lincoln 

Funny thing about parkinson was he was a league 1 level manager in the championship last season. I think we have the same issue now but with a league 2 level manager in league 1.

That was awful . 

I saw no organisation , I don't think the players knew what their roles /  jobs were in the team .

Lincoln players regularly ran 30 , yards with the ball unchallenged , no midfield challenges from us.

We had a 5 minute spell when we won a few corners on the spin and that was just about it.

Hill does not seem to be able to organise us and react to events   on the pitch by changing tactics. I watched us tonight and had no idea what our game plan was . 

After 7 mins it was game over 

• Members

I did have hopes raised after the relative 'bounce' when Shazza and the gang took over. Resigned to the recovery truly starting in the fourth tier now.

We have done this before. We might be in the Europa again before I peg it! :roll:

50 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I did have hopes raised after the relative 'bounce' when Shazza and the gang took over. Resigned to the recovery truly starting in the fourth tier now.

We have done this before. We might be in the Europa again before I peg it! :roll:

Just back.......a laboured, disjointed 1st half, a much better 10-15 mins with a good goal at the start of the 2nd half &then Lincoln just overran our weak midfield of just Murphy & Darcy  & again, it was a matter of how many they scored.

Quite impressed with us playing 3 different players at left back......not one a left back.

Not good.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Living to biblical age?

5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Just back.......a laboured, disjointed 1st half, a much better 10-15 mins with a good goal at the start of the 2nd half &then Lincoln just overran our weak midfield of just Murphy & Darcy  & again, it was a matter of how many they scored.

Quite impressed with us playing 3 different players at left back......not one a left back.

Not good.

Pity we let out leftback go. 

I used to live and work in Rochdale and have had personal dealings with KH and RFC. Keef is a bully and very pig headed if challenged or crossed. He likes to humiliate those who have different views to his own pov. At Rochdale he took all the credit for wins but lambasted players and particularly supporters when things went wrong. He dropped good players simply because they disagreed with him and they never made matchday squad again. His tactics and substitutes baffled everyone, and his repeated playing of strikers at left back confounded everyone. He had his supporters who backed him to the end but shite results did for him. In my opinion he is a bigoted dinosaur, not nearly as clever as he thinks, talks absolute balls and blames everyone but himself. Under Keef the futures bleak chaps ! 

12 minutes ago, Biffo666 said:

I used to live and work in Rochdale and have had personal dealings with KH and RFC. Keef is a bully and very pig headed if challenged or crossed. He likes to humiliate those who have different views to his own pov. At Rochdale he took all the credit for wins but lambasted players and particularly supporters when things went wrong. He dropped good players simply because they disagreed with him and they never made matchday squad again. His tactics and substitutes baffled everyone, and his repeated playing of strikers at left back confounded everyone. He had his supporters who backed him to the end but shite results did for him. In my opinion he is a bigoted dinosaur, not nearly as clever as he thinks, talks absolute balls and blames everyone but himself. Under Keef the futures bleak chaps ! 

Rochdale had 35 straight seasons in tier 4 and then Keith Hill got them promoted and established them in tier 3.So some in Rochdale probably like him a bit.

Rochdale fans, generally a bitter bunch, respected KH but virtually all saw him as unhinged and a nutjob in the end - he was just irrational and agressive to anyone who did not hero worship him. As stated, I personally found him to be a cnut of the highest order, a very nasty person who liked to ridicule and humiliate others. Think Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now and you get my drift.