Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln away

Marc505

12 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Bit disappointing considering every man in bolton wanted tickets 

Shows how expectations have changed.  That's how many we used to take to Everton or Liverpool or City if it was on TV.  Lucky to take 1k to Birmingham or Villa in Prem.  In future years when we are playing a team on -5 points in October I wonder how many away fans will be turning up at our place.

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I don't know what's worse, you remembering that or me scouring a WBA season review for it, we start at exactly 30 mins in.

Two words, Aidan Davison.

I was there and remember thinking "we've arrived" getting that a 2-2 draw at WBA after being 2 down at half time.  I'd completely forgotten we were down to 10 men for most of the match, which makes the result incredible.  That open terrace away end at WBA was a great view but zero atmosphere.  A year or 2 earlier Bob Taylor scored twice against us in Div 3 and the WBA fans were chanting "Super Bobby Taylor", a new song at the time, and I thought they were singing "2 for Bob".

6 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Was the 1st game not off for fog ?    anyway, I went back to the rearranged game during the following week & it got called off again - that time definitely for fog  but missed the game when it was actually played. Have ticked off Hereford since though....we won.

I'm pretty sure that the first one was off because of a frozen pitch and the second one because of fog. The game was  played the night after the second postponement and the club laid on a free coach for those who had travelled down on the previous night. I seem to remember a couple of the team came into the Hereford Supporter's club before the kick-off and gave out free complimentary tickets to the few Wanderers fans who had managed to travel down again.

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Sympathies with those already there or en route. Bizarre that there have been non-league inspections and postponements all morning but it takes so long for this one. 

Remember a good few years ago, we played somewhere down south (possibly Watford) and they called it off a hour before kick off. The week later we played Stockport away and that got called off on the Friday before the match.