Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staying Up - what are the chances?

peelyfeet

15 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

I would say start of January, when the transfer window opens. I am wondering why the EFL convened a disciplinary panel to punish Liverpool but couldn't deal with us at the same time.

Because the Liverpool breach  was in a knockout competition and needed quick resolution.

Ours is before an independent tribunal - either they are is disagreement or just inefficient.

5 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

Don't expect us to stay up at all. I think we've got a decent side mind you, I hope we can keep hold of the majority of them for league 2 next year.

The loans will be gone. No chance Bridcutt is hanging round for league 2. Frees might be different. Hill I expect already has an eye on what he wants for next season. 

Ive not given up yet. Weve played 5 of top 6 plus Sunderland, Rotherham & Oxford who will be in top 10 at end of season i reckon.

Need to pick some points up against bottom half teams and put some pressure on Southend, Wimbledon, Trampmere, Accy and one or two others. Then could get interesting but im enjoying the ride just need luck to change and it will 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Murphy's a goalscorer - but needs better service than last night. But when you look round rest - not many likely to get 5 let alone double figures. Dodoo might I guess. 

He does. But he's also knocking on, doesn't look sharp yet, and should he suffer an injury, we're back to square one.

Whether Hall will do anything at his level, who knows, but he too will need time to get match ready.

4 hours ago, HomerJay said:

league 2. or to put another way "division 4"

just say that out loud....

we must be positive, we can stay up!

Nothing wrong with league two. We still have club. And it would be a glorious promotion season. I’d probably prefer that to a rebuild in league one with another completely new squad. Get some momentum.

Probably need a bit less to stay up this season with only 23 teams / 3 going down 

Let’s say 45 points best case scenario, we are on -8pts with at least -6pts to come 

59 points from 33 games (assuming the Doncaster game won’t be replayed) gives a target of 1.8pts per game, that’s 80 points a season / promotion form 

I think we are a bit toothless up top for that, even if we didn’t have the injuries 

End of the day Anderson and his actions relegated us. Had he put it into admin in March we'd be set for this season. As it stands the new owners and new management take absoluely no blame for where we are. This season is just about restoring some pride, playing some good football and building for a glorious return from the ashes next season.

In a way I think we always had to repeat the cycle - go to league 2 and rise once again. It was in the stars. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

End of the day Anderson and his actions relegated us. Had he put it into admin in March we'd be set for this season. As it stands the new owners and new management take absoluely no blame for where we are. This season is just about restoring some pride, playing some good football and building for a glorious return from the ashes next season.

In a way I think we always had to repeat the cycle - go to league 2 and rise once again. It was in the stars. 

Yeh that's where i'm at. Sow some seeds this season, then a fresh start next term with a proper pre season behind us and some fresh faces - the rebirth of BWFC will start properly next season imo.

Looking forward to to the ride tbh.

I think we need to win 4 of our next 6 really to have any chance of survival, otherwise we will fall too far behind and the positivity and confidence will begin to ebb away.

October:

Rochdale at home - Win

Bristol away - Draw/Lose

Lincoln away - Draw/Lose

November:

Fleetwood at home - Win

MK Dons at home - Win

Accrington away - Win

That's a very positive forecast for our next 6 games and that would only get us to +4 or +5 points after 16 games. Tranmere are safe at the minute on 9 points, so imagine they pickup another 6 points, that would put us 10 points off safety by December. Disregarding speculation on another points deduction, I think that's salvageable.

Even though it's cliche, we do have to take it game by game right now, not expect too much and hope for a miracle. I am enjoying the season so far, Keith and the players have been a breath of fresh air but unless we build more hope it could get a bit dull when we have nothing to play for by January and players that may not be here past the summer start to give up a bit.

I still believe we can do it, but like many on here don't think going down to L2 would be the worst thing, however, we can't assume that we will go straight back up!

Edited by Mantra

I think all our November games are winnable, even with injuries, so even if we don't win a game for the rest of October I will still believe. November could be our kickstarter month. December is always busy, so with some momentum we could really take off. I remember Coyle x Elmander won the POTM and MOTM for November back in the PL, may just be our lucky month...

Edited by Mantra

Guest Nordkurve
23 hours ago, Mantra said:

I think we need to win 4 of our next 6 really to have any chance of survival, otherwise we will fall too far behind and the positivity and confidence will begin to ebb away.

October:

Rochdale at home - Win

Bristol away - Draw/Lose

Lincoln away - Draw/Lose

November:

Fleetwood at home - Win

MK Dons at home - Win

Accrington away - Win

That's a very positive forecast for our next 6 games and that would only get us to +4 or +5 points after 16 games. Tranmere are safe at the minute on 9 points, so imagine they pickup another 6 points, that would put us 10 points off safety by December. Disregarding speculation on another points deduction, I think that's salvageable.

Even though it's cliche, we do have to take it game by game right now, not expect too much and hope for a miracle. I am enjoying the season so far, Keith and the players have been a breath of fresh air but unless we build more hope it could get a bit dull when we have nothing to play for by January and players that may not be here past the summer start to give up a bit.

I still believe we can do it, but like many on here don't think going down to L2 would be the worst thing, however, we can't assume that we will go straight back up!

Where are all the Goals coming from ?

Not a chance of staying up

We'll see some good games, nick some creditable draws but won't win enough

Even if we did, the EFL will put paid to any chance with their next penalty

Next season should be a belter in Div 4 and I look forward to another "Wrexham" towards the end. Those days are what we live for. When we've been shit on for years, tossed about, had the piss taken out of us for hitting rock bottom, and then that one day appears......that one day when we go mental and shout very loudly to everyone......."FUCK YOU. WE'RE BACK!!!!!"