Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staying Up - what are the chances?

peelyfeet

2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Good results for us yesterday...Accy, Southend & MK all losing, Tranmere postponed & don't know why Wimbledon weren't playing.( Bury game ?? )

As 9 matches were played and 2 postponed the 23rd team must have been due to play Bury - surely that is obvious?

On 27/10/2019 at 14:43, MalcolmW said:

As 9 matches were played and 2 postponed the 23rd team must have been due to play Bury - surely that is obvious?

Thank you Malcolm for that brilliant explanation.  I really appreciate it.

If stupid people are worrying who Bury should be playing instead of what Holdsworth did with the blue marble loan etc etc ad infinitum for 94 pages

51 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Touch of the Sluffy / custards about this post 

Fixed that for you

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The great escape!

EFL are probably waiting for us to get into positive points, then they hit us with a  -6

Said same to JnrD on way back to car. As soon as we hit positive figures we'll get the next installment of minuses.

We are going down. The EFL will see to that. Accepted it a long time ago. So long as we play like we are doing and flinging a big “fuck you” at everyone then I’m happy. Carry it on into next season and piss Div4 

That said, if we carry on our current form then who knows. I’d rather not think about it. Don’t want to get giddy and be fucked over by an EFL penalty

We are down. End of. If we aren’t then I’ll be celebrating the biggest escape ever 

• Site Supporter

If - and it’s a 100/1 shot - if, we somehow get promoted at Wembley in the play off final, I think every other club in the country would go into meltdown.

just. Imagine.

The cleaners at Wembley would also have to clean an ocean of jizz of the seats as well.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

If - and it’s a 100/1 shot - if, we somehow get promoted at Wembley in the play off final, I think every other club in the country would go into meltdown.

just. Imagine.

The cleaners at Wembley would also have to clean an ocean of jizz of the seats as well.

I'd be saving mine, so I could put it in a bag and post it to Joey Barton.

41 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Assuming -6 points and the Donny game chalked off personally 

Would leave us needing 53 - 56 points from 30 games by my estimation 

That’s promotion form 

I'm not sure how just chalking off the Doncaster match would work. If they're awarded three points wouldn't that be seen as unfair by other teams in the league who may potentially suffer as a result? Surely the match must be played, there's nearly seven months to do it in after all.

Out of that team today, the only outfield players that may feel "too good" for div 2 at this stage of their careers, are Dodoo and Verlinden.  All the others, plus Crawford, Bunney, Brockbank, Edwards, Earl, Graham, Weir, Buckley, Hall.  I'm really not worried about next season, whatever division we're in.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Out of that team today, the only outfield players that may feel "too good" for div 2 at this stage of their careers, are Dodoo and Verlinden.  All the others, plus Crawford, Bunney, Brockbank, Edwards, Earl, Graham, Weir, Buckley, Hall.  I'm really not worried about next season, whatever division we're in.

If by Div 2 you mean League Two, then Crawford is certainly too good. As are Daryl Murphy, Lowe, Emmanuel and Matthews.

And no matter how he might feel, Verlinden still needs to prove himself at League One level yet.