Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-match pint... Rochdale match Sat 19th

Felgate

Where do people tend to go for a beer before the match these days?

I’m coming over for the weekend of 19th Oct (I live in France to don’t get over much at all) for my stepdads funeral. He was a big Bolton fan and took me to one of my first ever matches in the early 80’s, so wanted to see the match and have a couple of beers in the old man’s honour... cheers 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, enzo gambaro said:

Barnstormers best round the ground but it’s nothing to write home about. Better rail service now makes town an option if you can be arsed - Northern Monkey is worth a look if you’ve not been.

As opposed to Northern Way, across the way, which isn't.

1 hour ago, Mannyroader said:

If you go to Northern Monkey avoid the popcorn beer. It's not the future.

I had a sampler of that and funnily enough, it tasted of popcorn.

My usual Saturday now is work in the morning. A pint in the Vaults then a pint in Northern Monkey. Train to the match then repeat after.

15 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Sorry about your news buddy :( have a good drink for him!

Cheers pal, appreciated.

And thanks all for your info/opinions...looks like i’ll Be doing a crawl from Northern Monkey, taking in Vaults, then Barnstormers, then hotel... and then sleep, knowing me.

I might even make it to the match..

56 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Never had a pint in the hotel, think I'll try it for a change, any idea what lager they have?

Dont think they have wife beater on in hotel? Dont drink it so maybe gone under radar but def star, carling, coors and cobra. 

36 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Enjoy a drink in the hotel pre-game. Simple pleasures such as ale in a glass and not being far from your seat,  would recommend.

Tried TGI and Coast to Coast and they're alright just £6 a pint, Horwich then taxi down is good occasionally too.

Says a lot when the hotel is a cheaper option than the retail park.
Plus I'd rather put my money into the club, if Missoula, Harvester, Hotel and Middlebrook are my options.

Think we'll be going to the hotel in future for any pre and post match drinks, just can't drink that Carling shit in the plastic glasses at the ground anymore, at least our money will be going into the same pot.

Edited by Blondi