Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-match pint... Rochdale match Sat 19th

Felgate

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

Says a lot when the hotel is a cheaper option than the retail park.
Plus I'd rather put my money into the club, if Missoula, Harvester, Hotel and Middlebrook are my options.

Agree, long term I think the hotel will go back to being our usual spot. Fallen out with Scott's now. Only downside to hotel is unless you get there by 1230 you're not getting a seat and there's not so many places to stand without feeling a bit weird.

26 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Only downside to hotel is unless you get there by 1230 you're not getting a seat 

Somebody told me this previously so i was there at 12.30 for the Blackpool game. I'd fallen asleep by half time.

Edited by Andy Gee

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Towns fairly grim these days tbh.

Given the size of the place,you'd think there'd be a decent boozer on Middlebrook by now.

There were two when it first opened, Old Orleans and one on the other side of the cinema entrance, and the bowling alley

You’d have thought Nando’s would have spotted the opportunity, never mind a pub. 

45 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

There were two when it first opened, Old Orleans and one on the other side of the cinema entrance, and the bowling alley

Was it Old Orleans in the units where Poundland and Foot Asylum are now, between the bowling alley and cinema? Remember it feeling HUGE inside, like boozing in a warehouse. Might be my mind playing tricks. 

24 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Old Orleans was the LH corner unit to the Cinema entrance.

Millhouse was pretty much next door to the bowling alley where Clarks / O2 shops are now

I always thought Millhouse was the original name for what is now the Harvester - near Scotts?

Edited by Burndens Bogs

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I always thought Millhouse was the original name for what is now the Harvester - near Scotts?

The one next to the cinema was the Middlebrook Tavern, owned by Millhouse Ltd (but I'll have to get someone to check companies house to be sure). 

Guest Nordkurve

Want to put my usual bet on us for this game on BET365, and it's not listed. All other games for this Saturday seem to be on there. Could it be they haven't worked out the odds yet ?

It's working now.

Edited by Nordkurve
UPDATED INFO

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Want to put my usual bet on us for this game on BET365, and it's not listed. All other games for this Saturday seem to be on there. Could it be they haven't worked out the odds yet ?

It's working now.

Written in the stars that Hill’s first league win is against Rochdale. Won’t be a complete battering but a healthy 3-1 I reckon