Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man City U21 win comes at a cost

Newton White

Just now, Newton White said:

How ridiculous is a 7pm kick off.

Want to go to that game but got absolutely no chance of getting there for that time - nor has anyone who has a job I wouldnt think!!

Go straight from work and buy a pie, its not rocket science.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

16 hours ago, Traf said:

I wouldn't go if it was free irrespective of KO time.

No lower league supporter should attend any games in this competition involving a PL U-21 team.

Agreed - just think if 2 PL under 21 teams got to the final ??

This is a lower league competition and is their opportunity to get to Wembley.  Bloody ridiculous idea to have these in as well.

We got people moaning about 19:00 and people moaning about 20:00 kick offs.  The future is obviously some form of AI football where we all sit at home and watch it at precisely the time we individually want to.  What happened to bunking off work a bit early becuse you've got a match to go to?

31 minutes ago, Adlington Trotter said:

I would have no problem with the competition if it wasn't for these u21 teams. It's an insult to have to play them.

Is there still that daft rule where Football League teams have to play a certain number of players that played in their last league match? Absolute bollocks.

I'd have no issue either. It's a long-standing comp for the lower leagues.

And yes, I think 5 have to play.

16 hours ago, Traf said:

I'd have no issue either. It's a long-standing comp for the lower leagues.

And yes, I think 5 have to play.

It's also a chance for L1/L2 clubs to get to Wembley. Cov City took 40,000 when they won the Johnstone's paint / LDV trophy recently - they've suffered like us in the past few years and actually had something to cheer, even with a Mickey mouse cup.

I'd love that to happen for us, in any guise. Although, the u21 inclusion can fuck right off.

On 12/10/2019 at 16:05, Burndens Bogs said:

Wonder how many we'd take to Wembley in a little shitty cup final?

I reckon we'd sell our allocation, or come close to it. Shitty cup or not, we haven't had anything to shout about in years, and the daytrippers would certainly be out in force.

Not that it's going to happen, like...

6 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

I reckon we'd sell our allocation, or come close to it. Shitty cup or not, we haven't had anything to shout about in years, and the daytrippers would certainly be out in force.

Not that it's going to happen, like...

We couldn’t sell our tickets for an fa cup semi final

20k tops 

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We couldn’t sell our tickets for an fa cup semi final

20k tops 

I know folk who edged their bets regarding the affordability of a football trip to London and decided to save their hard-earned for if Bolton got to the final.

Problem was, when Semi-Finals are at Wembley rather than an acceptably large neutral ground (Stoke v Bolton could just as easily been at Old Trafford) the whole Wembley experience is diluted.