Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A reminder of the power of WW

jules_darby

• Members

Top drawer all round. Once we get past the bickering, some of the long termers on here often prove that their hearts are in the right place when it comes to stuff which really matters.

There have been plenty of examples over the years but ones which stick in my mind are the Skopje orphange, NIC's testicular cancer efforts, support for certain families when the man of the house has become 'unavailable' for one reason or another.

Ways of Wanderers to be commended.

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Top drawer all round. Once we get past the bickering, some of the long termers on here often prove that their hearts are in the right place when it comes to stuff which really matters.

There have been plenty of examples over the years but ones which stick in my mind are the Skopje orphange, NIC's testicular cancer efforts, support for certain families when the man of the house has become 'unavailable' for one reason or another.

Ways of Wanderers to be commended.

Yeah - I have to say the support was fantastic, WW raised a huge amount. Maybe less bickering and more of this stuff.

My sister ran it yesterday, very proud of her. Just looking into the Rome marathon in April so I might be back with my begging bowl. If I do get a place perhaps the good folk of WW might help me selected a charity that’s close to our collective hearts? Perhaps something that we can all raise money for long term as well? Just a thought.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Top effort. 300%+ after some fundraising got done today.

TBF with his offline stuff it’s way more

Thanks to everyone that supported him; I got similar when I did CEO Sleepout last year. Great bunch 👍🏻

Rudy, I’ll message you later buddy

Cheers

• Site Supporter
Just now, djorkaeff said:

Just an update on the total for this,  it now stands at £710-51 (£342-51 plus £368-00 on my sponsor sheet).

Many thanks to those who have donated, its very much appreciated.

For the record my time was 2 hours 9 minutes 24 seconds 

Fucking hell. I'm surprised you could remember your log-in details. Welcome back Dave.