Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
jules_darby

A reminder of the power of WW

Recommended Posts

I think it was Bolty introduced me to Djorkaeff back in the Euro jaunt days, thoroughly  nice chap - it sounds like he ran for a worthy cause.

Well done Djorkaeff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Djorkaeff and I know your story too Jules. I’ve not got around to putting a couple of shillings in the pot yet but I will be doing so it will go up a bit yet.

The old git did a reasonable time too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jules, i know youre a bit slow, but do we have a link to chuck in the pot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Casino said:

Jules, i know youre a bit slow, but do we have a link to chuck in the pot

What’s a link? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top drawer all round. Once we get past the bickering, some of the long termers on here often prove that their hearts are in the right place when it comes to stuff which really matters.

There have been plenty of examples over the years but ones which stick in my mind are the Skopje orphange, NIC's testicular cancer efforts, support for certain families when the man of the house has become 'unavailable' for one reason or another.

Ways of Wanderers to be commended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Top drawer all round. Once we get past the bickering, some of the long termers on here often prove that their hearts are in the right place when it comes to stuff which really matters.

There have been plenty of examples over the years but ones which stick in my mind are the Skopje orphange, NIC's testicular cancer efforts, support for certain families when the man of the house has become 'unavailable' for one reason or another.

Ways of Wanderers to be commended.

Yeah - I have to say the support was fantastic, WW raised a huge amount. Maybe less bickering and more of this stuff.

My sister ran it yesterday, very proud of her. Just looking into the Rome marathon in April so I might be back with my begging bowl. If I do get a place perhaps the good folk of WW might help me selected a charity that’s close to our collective hearts? Perhaps something that we can all raise money for long term as well? Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top effort. 300%+ after some fundraising got done today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Top effort. 300%+ after some fundraising got done today.

TBF with his offline stuff it’s way more

Thanks to everyone that supported him; I got similar when I did CEO Sleepout last year. Great bunch 👍🏻
 

Rudy, I’ll message you later buddy

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update on the total for this,  it now stands at £710-51 (£342-51 plus £368-00 on my sponsor sheet).

Many thanks to those who have donated, its very much appreciated.

For the record my time was 2 hours 9 minutes 24 seconds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djorkaeff said:

Just an update on the total for this,  it now stands at £710-51 (£342-51 plus £368-00 on my sponsor sheet).

Many thanks to those who have donated, its very much appreciated.

For the record my time was 2 hours 9 minutes 24 seconds 

Fucking hell. I'm surprised you could remember your log-in details. Welcome back Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.