Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkinson to Sunderland

Okocha10

• Site Supporter

If they thought Ross was crap, they are in for more of the same with Parky.

I think they will get promoted but quite a few reasonable managers should win promotion with their fan base and resources. Won't go any further than championship strugglers with him though.

20 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If they thought Ross was crap, they are in for more of the same with Parky.

I think they will get promoted but quite a few reasonable managers should win promotion with their fan base and resources. Won't go any further than championship strugglers with him though.

They are skint.....

Wouldn't surprise me if he tried bringing Madine up there if he gets it. I think he will get them promoted but again he will come unstuck in the championship with his no plan B. Guessing they will offer him a short term deal

Edited by Okocha10

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Have they got any money?

We could soon have an answer to the age old question of 'Would Parky do alright if he was given the resources?'

I was going of the fact they paid god knows how much for Wyke & Grigg amongst others and McGeady won't be on peanuts either. Maybe the cupboard is empty though now, not sure tbh.

Be intetesing. His cheerleaders such as Homer and Fanny5 will obviously think its a superb appointment.

Initial hounce then reality. May even get them up, lets face it they should be top with their squad and resources.  It will be deadly dull footie tho and he will be potted soon in championship.  My twopenneth.

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Be intetesing. His cheerleaders such as Homer and Fanny5 will obviously think its a superb appointment.

Initial hounce then reality. May even get them up, lets face it they should be top with their squad and resources.  It will be deadly dull footie tho and he will be potted soon in championship.  My twopenneth.

Their squad is not all that great. 

I suspect they will make the playoffs and that is probably about right for them. A couple of good players but I thought we outplayed them with a half fit side. 

9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Their squad isn’t a patch on the one he had a few years back 

poor league this year so he could scrape play offs 

The squad he had for us - who out of it has gone on to prove they didn't belong at league one level?

Phil the bloke good. Phil the manager not very good. They will turn on him within 3 months. 

He gave me/us a promotion which I’ll always have in the memory which I thank him for.

I can’t get past the fact he had Ken’s back for so long and being a bit stronger with him could of avoided the issues we have had.

Wish him well but after that I’ll of moved on

Decent bloke and I'm happy if he gets the gig there.  No way he'd be in their thinking if they had any cash left. He's got a great record in this division and he's cheap. 

If they've any sense, and they rarely have, they'll offer him no more than an 18 month contract.  He'd get them up in that time and they can let him go for nowt before it turns bad.

6 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The squad he had for us - who out of it has gone on to prove they didn't belong at league one level?

The measure of how well he did with his resources is whether he had a better squad than his rivals like Fleetwood and Bradford.  Aside from Sheff U, nobody else had a squad like this: Clough, Ameobi, Vela (in his one good season), Spearing, Karacan, Pratley, Morais, Henry, Madine, ALF, Wheater, Derik, Beevers, Dervite, Alnwick.  Not many are "Championship" standard but every single one was proven to be of top 6 Div 1 standard at that time in their careers (OK, maybe not Pratley).  I bet hardly any other teams Div 1 that season except Sheff U had any championship standard players, Parky just made us worse than we needed to be all the time he was here.