Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkinson to Sunderland

Okocha10

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Irrespective of whether you feel Parky did a good job here or not, it's understandable that Sunderland fans would be underwhelmed with the appointment. 

Yeah I can see that. You do wonder though who some of them were expecting.  They tried a young up and coming manager in Ross and that hasn't worked out. They've previously gone for experienced/successful in Grayson & Coleman and that didn't work either.

Parkys a good appointment to get them back on the up.  They can (& probably will) fire him off shortly after

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Yeah I can see that. You do wonder though who some of them were expecting.  They tried a young up and coming manager in Ross and that hasn't worked out. They've previously gone for experienced/successful in Grayson & Coleman and that didn't work either.

Parkys a good appointment to get them back on the up.  They can (& probably will) fire him off shortly after

It doesn't work out because no manager is given the time. Ross lasted 18 months because even those tits wouldn't sack the manager when they were in the play offs, while Grayson got just 3 months & Coleman 6 months. 

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Difference being, we have hope for a better future both in terms of results and watching some matches we would like to be associated with.  Not dreading Saturday, imagine that.

We will be in league two. Things are far better ownership wise and hopefully Hill will get some wins soon and start to build for next season. Its still a long slog back. I'd swap places with Sunderland - though given noises there they might be financially tight now as we were. 

Good luck to the man. A decent bloke, put up with a hell of a lot of shit here and conducted himself with a lot of dignity.

Not a fan of his style of football but he got us promoted with an embargo and kept us up- that Forest game will never be forgotten.

Hope he does well, hammering all the lower teams in the league but they get battered at our place. 

8 hours ago, Naytch said:

Good luck to the man. A decent bloke, put up with a hell of a lot of shit here and conducted himself with a lot of dignity.

Not a fan of his style of football but he got us promoted with an embargo and kept us up- that Forest game will never be forgotten.

Hope he does well, hammering all the lower teams in the league but they get battered at our place. 

I think I have spotted the flaw in your plan

I wish him well (although I'd happily see Sunderland stay down again). Kindly stuff the likes of Wimbledon, Southend and Tranmere for us, Phil.

Are the Netflix cameras still at Sunderland? Can only imagine the difficulty they'll have in making engaging viewing using Parky's inspirational soundbites...