Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkinson to Sunderland

Okocha10

Just now, clown said:

Thinking of going to Sunderland on Boxing Day. What’s the transport options, never thought about going before.

Some form of motor vehicle is the only option on Boxing Day surely 

Not a bad run to be fair, North up the M6 then over the top through Barnards Castle 

We went that way when we did them 4-0 up there, nearly got in a scrap in Barnards Castle on the way home, good times 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, clown said:

Thinking of going to Sunderland on Boxing Day. What’s the transport options, never thought about going before.

Get a national express to Sunderland on Christmas day and spend the night in a travel lodge to avoid travelling on the day

11 hours ago, clown said:

Your best bet is waiting for the bus at Chew Moor for ten minutes before giving it up as a bad job and going home for turkey butties and The Great Escape. 

8 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Cold place to go on Boxing Day.

1995 was freezing from what I remember. Mixu scored in a 1-1 My first venture to an away game at Christmas. 

We went around Xmas 2009/10 ish, snowing when we left Manc but clear in Sunderland but stone cold 

even my leather gloves couldn’t cope 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We went around Xmas 2009/10 ish, snowing when we left Manc but clear in Sunderland but stone cold 

even my leather gloves couldn’t cope 

Craig Gordon pulled one of the best saves I’ve seen in that game. Cahill I think with the effort, looked a goal all the way

just watched it again - Zat Knights effort from a Cahill knock down

Edited by Biggish Dave

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

One of the observations I had of Parky teams is that at times we seemed to be outrun and sometimes out muscled by apparently smaller opponents.

Can't say this news rocks my faith in the new management set up.

Quite!

I observed that we were shit at attacking, defending, passing, pressing and movement. Really shit at football under him.