Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkinson to Sunderland

Okocha10

• Members
4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Our previous goalkeeper coach & physio will be regretting move up there to Sunderland, they could be only be in a job for like a month at most.

They'll be delighted to get out of there once winter really sets in.

Torquay United. Just wait for vacancies there.

Sunderland fans seem pissed off a tad.

Jesus, can you imagine the shit he would buy.
2 big useless lumps upfront to aim our hopeless hoofs near.
Can't wait me.

This lad says it for all..

Not going to happen - nobody wants Parkinson

fans didn’t want him in the first place
Fans still don’t want him
players clearly don’t want him

Saying it as we did.

I genuinely don't think anyone could do a worse job than Parkinson.
Clearly the balance of the squad is wrong, which is the fault of the recruitment team, not Parkinson, however we started the season as promotion favourites and our squad should be top 6. At the moment every team in the league would relish playing us. It's pathetic how we set up and play. It's killing us and he needs removed.

• Site Supporter

So has he become the Sunderland version if Gary Megson?

I look forward to them getting rid and then getting a string of shit managers for a few years until supporters realise just how good he'd been compared to the next for our five. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So has he become the Sunderland version if Gary Megson?

I look forward to them getting rid and then getting a string of shit managers for a few years until supporters realise just how good he'd been compared to the next for our five. 

You reckon many will do worse?

On 16/10/2019 at 23:08, Alf Hartigan said:

He's a nailed on certainty to get them up, what they do from there is up to them.

Nothing personal Alf but I had to smile when I read that, not saying he cant get them up, but you'd do well to convince Sunderland fans he's nailed on to last till next week never mind get them up.  Awful manager whether he wins a few games or not.  He needs to get Wheater, Beevers, Morais and Madine signed up on January 1st to have a chance.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nothing personal Alf but I had to smile when I read that, not saying he cant get them up, but you'd do well to convince Sunderland fans he's nailed on to last till next week never mind get them up.  Awful manager whether he wins a few games or not.  He needs to get Wheater, Beevers, Morais and Madine signed up on January 1st to have a chance.

He'll turn it round given the chance, but fans might make his position untenable soon.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Honestly don't get why we have a thread devoted to wishing an ex-manager does badly and gets sacked, surely we've enough to worry about ourselves.

Correct. Glad he’s gone, wish him well but in all honesty I couldn’t really give toss about him now, Sunderland are no concern of us

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. Glad he’s gone, wish him well but in all honesty I couldn’t really give toss about him now, Sunderland are no concern of us

Same for all ex managers though. Coyle is readily castigated, as is Freedman etc.

I know he's gone now, but we do have discussions about other clubs regularly. 

Doncaster for one- cunts.

If pushed for an answer, I'd say that I'd not want him to bomb out at Sunderland, but do badly enough to keep them away from any chance of going up.

Off the pitch, he made a massive effort to keep our club going and although it's unlikely, I'd have no issue with him getting a decent reception from our travelling fans on Boxing Day, if he's still in a job.

For me the interest in how long standing ex employees fare elsewhere is to reaffirm or otherwise the judgements we made on them.  And TBH I'm slightly annoyed that (in my opinion) "poor" players/managers get lucrative contracts elsewhere, based on the opinion of people who have a fraction of the understanding of their abilities compared to us who have seen 100+ of their games.  They see the headline (promotion, scored 10 goals, played 80 championship games) and it doesn't tell the story.  So Madine makes literally millions off a couple of free kicks, pens and scuffed shots and Parky will get maybe £1mil pay off at Christmas,  to give 2 examples.  Plus its great to think we aren't the only one's to suffer, let someone else feel our pain for a few months.

21 hours ago, blackleywhite said:

Hope he does well for them got us up first time of asking kept us up for a season. Football was wank but job done as far as I'm concerned. Fuck me we've had far shitter managers than parky in the last 40 years. The shitstorm hes had to endure here is unreal.

Nobody can argue with the shitstorm comment, every sympathy with him for that.  That wasn't behind his bizarre selections or style of play though was it.  Anyway, not to go over old ground, but I cant think of "far shitter" managers we've had in last 40 years, that have had much time in the job (at least 2 seasons, he had 3).  Coyle became crap but was also gave us a great first year or so. Dougie was the nearest to Parky for anti football but I cant think of any others in my lifetime.

35 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nobody can argue with the shitstorm comment, every sympathy with him for that.  That wasn't behind his bizarre selections or style of play though was it.  Anyway, not to go over old ground, but I cant think of "far shitter" managers we've had in last 40 years, that have had much time in the job (at least 2 seasons, he had 3).  Coyle became crap but was also gave us a great first year or so. Dougie was the nearest to Parky for anti football but I cant think of any others in my lifetime.

I can understand people liking Parky or his football but let's have it right, relative to resources, Coyle was worse by a considerable margin.

1 hour ago, passmosster said:

I thought that he did well to get us up from League 1 first time and the football wasn't bad to watch.

Sunderland is one of the great delusions of grandeur places. I suppose Parkinson will have known that when he went there and that's why he negotiated a 3 year contract.

Compared to what, his 2nd and 3rd seasons?  Time can be a great healer but it still feels raw to me.  If Ameobi didn't turn it on (he was only here a few months) it was awful to watch game after game.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Compared to what, his 2nd and 3rd seasons?  Time can be a great healer but it still feels raw to me.  If Ameobi didn't turn it on (he was only here a few months) it was awful to watch game after game.

Might have only been a short spell, but that run of scoring four goals in away games (Fleetwood, Oxford, Gillingham) was ace. Granted, a lot of credit for that has to go to Morais but credit where it’s due for Parky plucking him from nowhere.