Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

South Africa

Boby Brno

Nearly as good as our draw in 2010.

Enjoyed reliving that earlier at lunch when they showed the highlights. I say "reliving" - I was smashed in the ground and don't really remember any of the cricket - other than celebrating Onions' defiance.

Not been the most productive day with work today.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Your lad will be sharing a taxi with us back into town again tonight. 👍

A good night in prospect!!

Enjoy.

Great atmosphere from the barmy army that came across really well on commentary. Reckon it could have made all the difference when it was a grind, and stokes came on.

Congratulate your fellow fans from me. Top effort.

Just back to our accommodation after a rather joyous night out. Back in my day we would say wrecked! 
In football terms it would be a meaningless friendly. This is Test cricket though. I was 2 1/2 the last  time we won at Newlands! I remember saying to my dad at the time, gagagagga. 
Anyway, we don’t have to get up early to put the flag up. We may go up the mountain for the day but I will miss the cricket and the friends we’ve met.

1 minute ago, wackerchackers said:

Aye, he said he'd seen the aftermath of a shooting, when he got back into town. Oh, & he also said that he was "lashed".

Yep. We organised a taxi for him and his mate. We saw all the police as we passed later.

On 07/01/2020 at 15:55, Smiley said:

Nearly as good as our draw in 2010.

Enjoyed reliving that earlier at lunch when they showed the highlights. I say "reliving" - I was smashed in the ground and don't really remember any of the cricket - other than celebrating Onions' defiance.

Not been the most productive day with work today.

Pretty sure I knocked your beer over on the grass embankment at Newlands 

16 hours ago, rochdale white said:

Pretty sure I knocked your beer over on the grass embankment at Newlands 

Haha. Was probably warm anyway!

10 hours ago, Traf said:

Expect an invoice.

It was only a pound a pint. I spilt more than I supped on that trip!

Just home from a night out here down under to watch the cricket and it’s lunch. Interesting debate/argument going on about the Rabada ban. Initially, I thought it was justified until I saw that 2 of his demerit points were against Smith and Warner. Every sympathy for the bloke.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Boby Brno said:

Just home from a night out here down under to watch the cricket and it’s lunch. Interesting debate/argument going on about the Rabada ban. Initially, I thought it was justified until I saw that 2 of his demerit points were against Smith and Warner. Every sympathy for the bloke.

Played the footage of his actions against Smith. No time for sandpaper man, but rabada needs to look at himself. KP on commentary suggesting if he'd have been batting and on the receiving end of it, then it may have got physical!

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Played the footage of his actions against Smith. No time for sandpaper man, but rabada needs to look at himself. KP on commentary suggesting if he'd have been batting and on the receiving end of it, then it may have got physical!

It’s definitely split opinion. Interesting that Holding as a bowler thinks he deserves the ban and Hussain as a batsman thinks he’s been hard done to.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s definitely split opinion. Interesting that Holding as a bowler thinks he deserves the ban and Hussain as a batsman thinks he’s been hard done to.

Aye. Hussain is a bit numb at times though. Couldn't seem to get it into his head that his ban is for an accumulation, not a one off event.

I agree with his sentiment, that we need emotion in the game, but for me, just take the celebration 3 yards to the side. Sorted.