Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

Ani

Needs a thread of its own. 

the club has fucked up dd collections hence massive queues today. 

they need a message out on this ASAP. Was a fucking shambles. 

got the ground at 2:30. In the ground about 3:20. 

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's happened exactly?

I don't understand why a DD issue should delay folk getting in.

The tickets came as cancelled when you got to turnstile. No one in ticket office could do much about it. 

At one stage they were asking for payment today by card or buy a match ticket. Eventually they were printing tickets off. 

I will email club next week to sort ours out but on the 0844 number they need something in place. Was farcical today. The queue was right up the steps to Subway at 3 o clock. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Ani said:

The tickets came as cancelled when you got to turnstile. No one in ticket office could do much about it. 

At one stage they were asking for payment today by card or buy a match ticket. Eventually they were printing tickets off. 

I will email club next week to sort ours out but on the 0844 number they need something in place. Was farcical today. The queue was right up the steps to Subway at 3 o clock. 

Phone the club on the 01204 number and ask to be put through to the ticket office

Anyone who cancelled their season ticket dd was fucked. They sent out confirmation by post, then the tickets, and entry v blackpool was fine as payment was pending. 

However, in theory by now everyone should've paid. As dds were cancelled, they don't have the authority to take further payment. Hence all tickets were declined. 

What pisses me off is that I checked my bank. No payment was taken, so I called 01204, then 0844, just to check wtf was happening. I was told that I needed to pay, and tickets would be emailed. I paid and heard fuck all. I rocked up and went to collections. They had nothing, and expected me to get in the queue stretching past subway. 

I went for a couple of pints 

When I returned they were just dishing out free tickets for whatever stand, literally no checks, just get em in. 

Pissed of with how it happened, eventually pleased with the response. 

We need to get this shit together

31 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Anyone who cancelled their season ticket dd was fucked. They sent out confirmation by post, then the tickets, and entry v blackpool was fine as payment was pending. 

However, in theory by now everyone should've paid. As dds were cancelled, they don't have the authority to take further payment. Hence all tickets were declined. 

What pisses me off is that I checked my bank. No payment was taken, so I called 01204, then 0844, just to check wtf was happening. I was told that I needed to pay, and tickets would be emailed. I paid and heard fuck all. I rocked up and went to collections. They had nothing, and expected me to get in the queue stretching past subway. 

I went for a couple of pints 

When I returned they were just dishing out free tickets for whatever stand, literally no checks, just get em in. 

Pissed of with how it happened, eventually pleased with the response. 

We need to get this shit together

I cancelled mine end of last season. Rang up to reinstate was told all in place.

Can not get angry with the individuals in the Ticket Office but FV need to reappear and sort this in next 2 weeks. 

What a mess. I cancelled my season ticket after the last payment last season, then bought a new one with a new seat when the takeover went though. As soon as I used my card it reinstated my old ticket so I got sent 2.

Not the ticket office fault but it’s never wise pissing off folk that actually still do turn up.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Matt said:

What a mess. I cancelled my season ticket after the last payment last season, then bought a new one with a new seat when the takeover went though. As soon as I used my card it reinstated my old ticket so I got sent 2.

Not the ticket office fault but it’s never wise pissing off folk that actually still do turn up.

Not sure why you'd be pissed off really. It's obviously a mistake, call in at the Ticket Office and sort it out.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Not sure why you'd be pissed off really. It's obviously a mistake, call in at the Ticket Office and sort it out.

Micky the queues to get in at three o’clock were half way up the steps to Subway. People were rightly pissed off. 

On 19/10/2019 at 22:17, Ani said:

I cancelled mine end of last season. Rang up to reinstate was told all in place.

Can not get angry with the individuals in the Ticket Office but FV need to reappear and sort this in next 2 weeks. 

Ticket office staff not understanding how direct debit works. If you cancelled it then bank won't renew it without appropriate instruction. Club would have had to re-send the instruction - you can't just request money using an old cancelled mandate.

It will be sorted. However, I will say club did say in official communication that if you cancelled your DD last season you wouldn't be eligible for renewal via DD. Now clearly ticket office staff messed up - but that is why club said that - they should have communicated it better. 

28 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Ticket office staff not understanding how direct debit works. If you cancelled it then bank won't renew it without appropriate instruction. Club would have had to re-send the instruction - you can't just request money using an old cancelled mandate.

It will be sorted. However, I will say club did say in official communication that if you cancelled your DD last season you wouldn't be eligible for renewal via DD. Now clearly ticket office staff messed up - but that is why club said that - they should have communicated it better. 

The club have also sent me a DDSchedule confirming it is in place and ready to go. 
I even spoke to bank and they said was OK. 

It is just a cock up somewhere down the line. As I said the FV guys need to sort this and communicate what happens next. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

The club have also sent me a DDSchedule confirming it is in place and ready to go. 
I even spoke to bank and they said was OK. 

It is just a cock up somewhere down the line. As I said the FV guys need to sort this and communicate what happens next. 

I suspect that its as simple as the ticket office didn't understand how it works. Which is poor. Or they simply didn't know who had cancelled and therefore lost the mandate for them to take money. 

I agree that it needs to be sorted - but it will be. The club should probably have told people more clearly that had they cancelled their DD that they'd have to buy their ST outright. In communications going forward they should make that clear - to avoid this mess.