Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

Ani

12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I dont know, doubt it but maybe a survey might come out.

Worth looking at the official Twitter page as a whole from tonight been some interesting comments across the whole club. Sounds like something permanent to honour Eddie Davies will be looked at once his family are ready to discuss it 

What actually happened was that Emma Beaugeard & Keith Hill were at the Lancaster Whites meeting last night.

It was meant to be Emma plus McGinlay & Kelly, but the club felt Hill should show his face publicly at the earliest opportunity after Saturday.

My daughter had been asked to write the introductions and then do the honours on the evening and we got a call at 5pm, saying there'd been a change and could she hastily prepare something about Hill instead.

So, there was the usual Q&A...

Closing the upper tiers won't be purely for financial reasons, the club think the atmosphere will be better.

There is a plan in place to commemorate Eddie Davies for his contributions, but his wife isn't ready for it to happen just yet.

They're going to re-visit stadium pricing, as there are too may price bands now and they're willing to explore some discounts for 12-18 yr old in hospitality.

Fanzone unlikely to be in the suite much longer, Emma agreed it was too corporate/sterile/bland. Exploring use of outside space or even a concourse pre-game, especially if upper tiers are closed.

And we might be wearing Macron kits again next season. We still owe them a year and they’re wanting us to fulfil the contract. Clubs trying to fight it, but concede that it might just be cheaper to wear it. The legal costs might make fighting it a futile venture.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

What actually happened was that Emma Beaugeard & Keith Hill were at the Lancaster Whites meeting last night.

It was meant to be Emma plus McGinlay & Kelly, but the club felt Hill should show his face publicly at the earliest opportunity after Saturday.

My daughter had been asked to write the introductions and then do the honours on the evening and we got a call at 5pm, saying there'd been a change and could she hastily prepare something about Hill instead.

So, there was the usual Q&A...

Closing the upper tiers won't be purely for financial reasons, the club think the atmosphere will be better.

There is a plan in place to commemorate Eddie Davies for his contributions, but his wife isn't ready for it to happen just yet.

They're going to re-visit stadium pricing, as there are too may price bands now and they're willing to explore some discounts for 12-18 yr old in hospitality.

Fanzone unlikely to be in the suite much longer, Emma agreed it was too corporate/sterile/bland. Exploring use of outside space or even a concourse pre-game, especially if upper tiers are closed.

And we might be wearing Macron kits again next season. We still owe them a year and they’re wanting us to fulfil the contract. Clubs trying to fight it, but concede that it might just be cheaper to wear it. The legal costs might make fighting it a futile venture.

Thanks for the review mate, I bet your daughter was buzzing?! I saw the photos you put on FB looked a decent number there.

Someone text me about the Macron thing last night and I wondered where the info had come from. I wonder what style and state of kit we'll have from a company that doesn't want to design it and a club that doesn't want to wear it.

Got three great seats together in North Upper, won't be able to get anything similar by picking around the unwanted seats in the lower tiers along with a few thousand others. Starting moving folk from where they want to be to where that don't is a high risk strategy IMO.

46 minutes ago, tkonion said:

Got three great seats together in North Upper, won't be able to get anything similar by picking around the unwanted seats in the lower tiers along with a few thousand others. Starting moving folk from where they want to be to where that don't is a high risk strategy IMO.

It is indeed. Pissing off your best customers would be an odd move

13 minutes ago, Big E said:

They may not be their best customers. the best customers are more likely those who go and spend money at the kiosks etc.

The best customers are those that pay top dollar, up front without knowing what shite is going to be paraded in front of them. 

I don't understand fans wanting the North Upper closing. Surely we want as many fans as possible behind the goal to improve the atmosphere. The North Upper is a cheaper area for families and is set up to accomodate fans with video games before the game. Were as the East and West upper are sparsely occupied.

Edited by waffer cup 07

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Big E said:

The north upper ins't full. 

LOV is East upper so makes sense to keep that open. 

The fanzone in the south stand is a non starter given the location of the away end

The upper and lower tiers of south stand can be opened with the hotel between the home and away entrances so shouldn't be much of a security issue

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

The upper and lower tiers of south stand can be opened with the hotel between the home and away entrances so shouldn't be much of a security issue

they moved Tomski and co's season ticket, and i think yours, because it was an issue and there was a line of stewards and a fucking net between them and away fans. so i am happy at saying its an issue / viewed as an issue

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Seems fans are coming up with good reasons to keep every stand open. So why change it.

The money saved gets invested in the team.

The team improves, results pick up and more fans come to watch.

Top tiers get re-opened to accommodate them! :)

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

The club feel that the atmosphere would improve, it's not really a financial issue.

I'm sure it does a little, we've seen that this season. I reckon much of that though was down to the fact that we've seen something to get behind.

If we play a few like Saturday, well..

Perhaps another experiment for the Doncaster game?