Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

Ani

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

No, I'm saying finances aren't behind them considering closing them.

Probably because they don’t think they’ll lose money. Once faced with the possibility of losing cold hard cash up front, they might find that the supposed lack of atmosphere ain’t that important after all. 

My season ticket is in the upper tiers and, in truth, I'd be unhappy if I was asked to move, especially because it's likely I'd end up in one of the corners of the lower tiers. I'd still renew my season ticket but I'd do it slightly begrudgingly.

I can't comment on the financial aspect of it because I've got no idea of the costs involved or the potential savings. But on each occasion this proposal has raised its head all it seems to do is cause argument and infighting within the supporter base (not necessarily on here, but elsewhere). It might bemuse many that it's such an emotive issue but clearly it is, and it seems to me that the potential for division and resentment that might follow the decision to close one or all of the upper tiers is a big thing to risk in the hope of gaining a marginally better atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

How is it that only one person at Lancaster White's  meeting on Monday knew how the building  of the Reebok was financed.

I think most people knew the answer, but we were all wondering where the fuck he was going with the question.

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

On the previous page you stated it's because they feel it would generate a better atmosphere, so I was basing my comment on that.

I thought I'd made it clearer that Emma said a decision to close them would be more to improve atmosphere, rather than it be a financial (ie cost-cutting) exercise.

45 minutes ago, Traf said:

So, you were there?

If so, why not make yourself known?

Maybe because of posts from you to him like this perhaps?

On 04/10/2019 at 13:23, Traf said:

This particular Richard head will be more than happy to knock you into the middle of next week, you patronising cunt.

Now why don't you and the other boring cunt just fuck and chat elsewhere. Nobody on here gives a fuck about what either of you pompous pricks have to say. 

Just a thought.

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

They might find it a financial issue when a couple of hundred miserable feckers like me don’t renew. 😀

you could always go LOV.....that will be a win win, more money for the club, you get a free coffee and an upper tier view

15 minutes ago, tomski said:

The best fan argument is a bit pointless and poorly laid out by both parties here I think.

i was only offering a option for upper tier. i couldn't give a fuck who goes or not. This is my worst attended season for years and i don't miss it as much as i thought i would. Saturday put me off and it wasn't due to the football

1 minute ago, Big E said:

i was only offering a option for upper tier. i couldn't give a fuck who goes or not. This is my worst attended season for years and i don't miss it as much as i thought i would. Saturday put me off and it wasn't due to the football

See that’s more befitting of your good self. The you could always do lov never sounds great.

likewise Mick saying uppers are the best customers. It’s about 60p more a game currently.

I do agree this will only have a negative effect closing all uppers if it’s apathy they choose to take as people will stop coming which defeats the object of what I think they want to achieve