Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

4 minutes ago, Chicken dippers said:

Micky was the lad with the big nose the one stood on the barrier with his arse hanging out because his jeans were falling down. If it is I’ve seen at a few away days and he’s  definitely not a full shilling. 

He got a crack off someone 

pun not intended 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Chicken dippers said:

Micky was the lad with the big nose the one stood on the barrier with his arse hanging out because his jeans were falling down. If it is I’ve seen at a few away days and he’s  definitely not a full shilling. 

Quite possibly. I'm hoping he posts or lurks on here because I really want him to know what a dick he was. After the melee at the front he stood further to the right staring at me. I looked at him and he kept on staring. Saw him in the pub in Accy and he fucking melted; almost trying to pretend it had been "great banter"! If you recognise yourself here, please let on once you've sobered up because you really are a grade one tit.

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Quite possibly. I'm hoping he posts or lurks on here because I really want him to know what a dick he was. After the melee at the front he stood further to the right staring at me. I looked at him and he kept on staring. Saw him in the pub in Accy and he fucking melted; almost trying to pretend it had been "great banter"! If you recognise yourself here, please let on once you've sobered up because you really are a grade one tit.

2 minutes ago, Ena Street said:

One of the worst days following the Wanderers in 55 years! Reported racist bile from some of “ours” outside the ground then had more inside. Fucking pathetic some so called fans today...totally embarrassed 

Sounds like a shite day all round. Smh

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Add in the bottles and coins thrown in the direction of the pitch post penalty, it’s a dark day.

Fair play to Accy on and off the pitch - stewards and staff were very welcoming. Our lot could learn a thing or two

Stewards were brilliant. All the time I was getting hassle from the dickhead, the guy with the very short sides and very long top was keeing eye contact with me and asking, "You OK?" to which I was nodding that I was. Proper stewards. As Matty2094 says, ours could learn a lot.

Edited by MickyD

I’m seriously at the point now of packing in aways. I’ve had enough. Fuck all to do with the team. Yes, we got dicked. Yes, I can take that. It’s part of following a club. It happens. Move on. I can’t be arsed dissecting the game. We were shit and the sending off made it shitter 

It’s the absolute bellends that go to aways. Particularly those that are cheap on the train and not too far away. The fucking retards seem intent on spoiling it for their own. And what’s worrying is that they get first dibs on tickets so must be ST holders?? Leeds a couple of years ago was bad but today was a fucking joke 

MickyD’s experience today pretty much sums it up for me

• Site Supporter

I think we’re being a bit harsh on our own. Despite the appalling performance (Dave F accepted this and was equally as pissed of as us fans in The Railway earlier) I thought the majority of fans accepted this with honesty, realism and humour. It wasn’t good today, we didn’t respond to the circumstances correctly and we were poor. However I believe this won’t define us, I think the majority of fans were respectable, welcoming and appreciative of Accrington’s hospitality and (despite the result) had a good day out on the piss with like minded whites.  👏

13 minutes ago, desperado said:

I think we’re being a bit harsh on our own. Despite the appalling performance (Dave F accepted this and was equally as pissed of as us fans in The Railway earlier) I thought the majority of fans accepted this with honesty, realism and humour. It wasn’t good today, we didn’t respond to the circumstances correctly and we were poor. However I believe this won’t define us, I think the majority of fans were respectable, welcoming and appreciative of Accrington’s hospitality and (despite the result) had a good day out on the piss with like minded whites.  👏

Agree with that.  Yes there are a few bell ends but the overwhelming majority accepted today with humour and good grace.

What I do find odd in today's game is a player gets booked for taking his shirt off when celebrating a goal, yet blatantly taunting opposition fans trying to prompt a reaction, when scoring a dodgy penalty is seemingly OK. 

35 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Agree with that.  Yes there are a few bell ends but the overwhelming majority accepted today with humour and good grace.

What I do find odd in today's game is a player gets booked for taking his shirt off when celebrating a goal, yet blatantly taunting opposition fans trying to prompt a reaction, when scoring a dodgy penalty is seemingly OK. 

It's more than a few though, isn't it?

I agree with your second paragraph, though.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

I’m seriously at the point now of packing in aways. I’ve had enough. Fuck all to do with the team. Yes, we got dicked. Yes, I can take that. It’s part of following a club. It happens. Move on. I can’t be arsed dissecting the game. We were shit and the sending off made it shitter 

It’s the absolute bellends that go to aways. Particularly those that are cheap on the train and not too far away. The fucking retards seem intent on spoiling it for their own. And what’s worrying is that they get first dibs on tickets so must be ST holders?? Leeds a couple of years ago was bad but today was a fucking joke 

MickyD’s experience today pretty much sums it up for me

Give over, don’t pack it in these things happen now and again. Keep the faith. 

4 hours ago, Blondi said:

I really can't be arsed these days watching our away days when we're likely to sell out, we have some fooking bellend pissed up supporters who are a total embarrassment. I'd much rather travel to somewhere further a field where we  have just a few hundred travelling fans.

I'm with you on that.  I couldnt get a ticket for today as it happens, but these local games at small clubs like Rochdale, Accy, Fleetwood, Blackpool, it seems like more hassle than enjoyment.  Another reason we need to get back to playing the Blackburns and Burnleys, at least we dont go there with the big club mentality, they are just local derbies against equals.  

4 hours ago, gregbwfc said:

Never a red card as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Never.

I'm genuinely lost for words on that red card having seen it on video.  Really cant think of a worse red card decision in 45 years of watching football.   If anyone wants to come up with a worse one, feel free.

4 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

That interview is the first of his I've listened to since he came to us and shows everything a lot of Rochdale fans don't like about him.

When I read your comment I was expecting an awful interview but it was one of his best.  Humble, realistic, determined, critical of the performance, not hiding behind the ridiculous sending off, giving hope that he knows what he needs to do to turn it around.  I think you need to explain what you mean.

11 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

If anyone happens to be watching match of the day, you'll of just seen the arsenal game where Kieran Tierney gave away the penalty and was booked. 

Pretty much identical, probably worse than the Bolton penalty incident. Tierney only given a yellow card due to the double jeopardy rule. 

Just watched it and said same on Twitter. How ours could have been red and that yellow is beyond belief