Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

Went to Rawtenstall after for beers and have to say it was excellent. Accrington laid on a good do but their ground is crap. 

Missed our goal as I was in the stampede trying to get in.

The ref ruined the game with the decision. I couldn’t believe how quick he had the red out.

That said, the performance was that bad he doesn’t end up the villain for me, that performance was pathetic. I had a feeling we’d lose as things had gone so well+a big following normally result in such outcomes. I couldn’t of envisaged that though

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We’re they letting people in without tickets ? If not the capacity of the ground must be wrong ? People getting crushed behind the goal led them to opening the seated area to everyone which was already sold out 

They moved lads who had tickets in their end.

11 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We’re they letting people in without tickets ? If not the capacity of the ground must be wrong ? People getting crushed behind the goal led them to opening the seated area to everyone which was already sold out 

Poor set up for when big crowds are on 

from their point they don’t get many big followings 

• Site Supporter

Getting bladdered masked the pain for a short while but I’m bloody embarrassed by that. I can understand lads losing their heads if they are fans of the club but to this lot, they are simply getting paid to do their jobs. Yesterday, they didnt do their job. Disgrace

Don’t actually think I’ve let the score line sink in yet. 

used to defeats over the last few years, poor performances, spineless players and walking out the ground just accepting what’s happened as I’ve been so used to it. That apathy I thought had gone has come back. 

feel embarrassed enough and then i also remember the result. 

Not read all of the previous so here's my take...

1. People were only getting a bit squeezed on the terraces because they wouldn't go to the back/top where there was loads of room.

2. Definite pen, bit not a red.

3. Let's not let a poor referee performance mask the fact we were utterly shit in every position/department. Every single Accy player played better than any of ours.

4. Andy Holt might not be universally likes, but he/his club know how to put a game/day on

5. Throwing stuff on the pitch is fucking stupid. Another EFL punishment awaits, just what we need.

6. Football that bad still can't ruin a good day out with good lads.

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

Thing is, it was me shouting at mates from off here that they were probably going in the wrong direction but it wasn't those who retaliated. Dicks who can't take a day on the ale ought to think about not drinking. I'd say probably every white on white incident was caused by pissed up wankers who sniffed one too many barmaid's  aprons. 

So it was your fault 😂

Joking apart, couldn't agree more, took us ages to point out to one angry young man that he was having a go at other Bolton fans, he still was convinced they were Blackburn fans! Unbelievable!

Was right in my eyeline looked directly at the whole thing from a few yards away. A clear pull on. The shirt and if you do that in the box your asking for trouble if the man goes down. Which he did. Theatrically. 

it was a penalty and I said as much live. But in no way was it a red card 

lad next to me in the terrace said that he had read somewhere or heard that he was sent of for dangerous foul play. I didn’t see anything that could be classed as that. The reaction of the accy players surrounding the ref contributed heavily 

but more concerning was the inability to stop an average side from running amok and no plan b or seeming desire once we went behind. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Was right in my eyeline looked directly at the whole thing from a few yards away. A clear pull on. The shirt and if you do that in the box your asking for trouble if the man goes down. Which he did. Theatrically. 

it was a penalty and I said as much live. But in no way was it a red card 

lad next to me in the terrace said that he had read somewhere or heard that he was sent of for dangerous foul play. I didn’t see anything that could be classed as that. The reaction of the accy players surrounding the ref contributed heavily 

but more concerning was the inability to stop an average side from running amok and no plan b or seeming desire once we went behind. 

I should have said the red card rather than the penalty. 

46 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not read all of the previous so here's my take...

1. People were only getting a bit squeezed on the terraces because they wouldn't go to the back/top where there was loads of room.

Indeed. Mate was stood at the back and said he had loads of room. The problem that they've got is only having one entrance on the terrace because of where the tunnel & changing rooms are situated, so everyone naturally just stands at the first place they come to rather than funnelling right across the front towards the changing rooms. The positioning of the control room probably doesn't help in that aspect either as it means it isn't immediately obvious where there is spare room. Let's not pretend we're the first club to take a big following there though, so Accy will be well versed in how to deal with it. Whether folk want to listen to instructions is another matter altogether.

11 minutes ago, tshape said:

Looks soft on the tele but seeing it live yesterday there were no arguments from me 

The TV angle doesn't really lend itself to seeing the shirt pull - from the seats (right in line with it, in fact), Earl had grabbed a right handful of his shirt because he hadn't put himself goal-side so was always playing catch up.

I was stood in the middle and had loads of room as well. When we came in near the control room the stewards did try to send us towards the changing rooms and up to the back but folk were taking no notice. The head steward was getting pissed off with his team and was trying to get them to push people back especially when fans started coming in by the changing rooms but it was all a bit too late then.

Agree 100% with what Traf posted points 1-6, although I was with my lad so maybe not 6 I suppose.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Agree 100% with what Traf posted points 1-6, although I was with my lad so maybe not 6 I suppose.

I had Junior with me, but I put her back on the coach to Carnforth after the game, whilst I went to the pub!

Definitely safeguarding issues start of the game as well yesterday. I seen lots of fans stuck watching the game behind a fence for like 20-30 mins, as they overcrowded the terrace. The issue was people who was meant to be seated in Whinney Hill Stand had been missed directed to the terrace stand with the two queues they formed to get into the stadium. There fucking stewards didn’t tell anyone this, at first I ended up in terrace having to walk over