Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Ani said:

How many people slagging these rowdy youth off on Saturday were drunk themselves ? 

I was driving and stood straight behind goals near the front and saw little or nothing worse than usual. Have seen a lot worse. 

Not sure of your point here. I had a drink pre-match but didn't turn into Jimmy Ten-Men. For me, if you can't have a few beers without then wanting to fight every fucker you really ought to consider not drinking.

17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not sure of your point here. I had a drink pre-match but didn't turn into Jimmy Ten-Men. For me, if you can't have a few beers without then wanting to fight every fucker you really ought to consider not drinking.

My point is not aimed at individuals but if you have groups of blokes all on the ale from early doors it invariably ends up messy. I am as bad as any on here for It when I get the chance. I was sober Saturday, stood directly behind the goal and pretty much at the front and saw nothing unusual. 
They messed up by letting people stand in the passage at the front that was not meant to have people stood there so it got congested in an end that as stated had plenty of room. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Worse bit for me on Saturday, apart from the result, was a bloke kicking the cones onto the middle of the road as we were approaching the ground (before the match), I put them back and a couple of mates asked him to stop being a cock and give it up and why the fuck are you doing that, his response was "because I fucking can" ... fucking bearded cock womble whose actions were completely pointless. 

Saturday was a waste of time and needs erasing from the mind as quick as possible, but unfortunately that defeat is going to be etched on the brain for a long time. Let's just hope Chino Keith has learned something from that disaster.

I asked him politely too 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Saturday was a waste of time and needs erasing from the mind as quick as possible, but unfortunately that defeat is going to be etched on the brain for a long time.

In my opinion it's up there with Black Sunday and Stoke at Wembley as the most embarrassing defeats in my (Long) lifetime of watching The Whites.

Some things just can't be forgotten, no matter hard you try.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Reading away wasn’t pretty 

That ranks as the worst of the two because you knew they were players who generally had done ok elsewhere, were on good money and generally couldn’t give a fuck. At least we know this lot are kids or waifs and strays pulled together at the last minute, and are quite capable of getting a result next week. 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That ranks as the worst of the two because you knew they were players who generally had done ok elsewhere, were on good money and generally couldn’t give a fuck. At least we know this lot are kids or waifs and strays pulled together at the last minute, and are quite capable of getting a result next week. 

I rank losing 7-1 to Accrington Stanley as worse than losing 7-1 to Reading, absolutely.

Both right at the bottom of the barrel being scraped but I can accept a tonking off a side with Le Fondre and a Russian international striker in it slightly more readily than one from Accrington Stanley with anyone in it.

19 hours ago, bolty58 said:

We suffered so many tankings at the beginning of the season, I think I have become desensitised to them.

Still believe that we will be contemplating survival by the time we reach Easter.

Agreed. Didn’t really do my head in that much after I left at 6-1. And I was stone cold sober.

i think our recent history has numbed us and we don’t see it as our lowest ebb as it could quite realistically have been much worse. 
Had we been on a losing streak and/or had points docked Last week it would probably have hurt a lot more.

A blip that was prob always going to still happen. Fuck it. Let’s go again 

20 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I rank losing 7-1 to Accrington Stanley as worse than losing 7-1 to Reading, absolutely.

Both right at the bottom of the barrel being scraped but I can accept a tonking off a side with Le Fondre and a Russian international striker in it slightly more readily than one from Accrington Stanley with anyone in it.

Come on you know Le Fondre was a duck egg not good enough for the championship! Ha fuckin ha

Losing 1-7 to Accrington Fucking Stanley is the lowest point in our history as far as im concerned. Certainly worst ive felt in my lifetime and i was at Scarborough- didnt feel as bad as this. Im glad some just saw it a piss up and no problem. Probably why i dont bother with away games anymore. Perhaps players feel same way judging by Saturday and get feeling it wont be last time

After the red card I kind of accepted that we were going lose. Possibly by a lot. Didn’t see 7-1 though. We just don’t have the players to see a game like that through. It’s where we are at. Get on top of a game and we are free-flowing, confident and on the front foot. Early setback like the red card and we don’t have the experience or leaders to shut the game down. And I don’t think that Hill knows yet what to do with his squad in that situation. He’s still working out who can offer what when these things happen

It was a blip. A bad blip. But after getting giddy after a few wins a reality check. We will get horribly dicked again before the season ends but will also go on the odd run now and again. BipolarWays for the rest of the season 

If I'm honest, I'm still meh about the performance... I've kinda grown accustomed to it, and Saturday was a massive reality check. I've felt worse about a scoreline

We were shit. Possibly as shit as we've been... 

However, I'm still grateful we're turning up week after week, and yeah we've got some dick heads (and in hindsight I'm far from proud of my overall behaviour on the day): but still, we dust ourselves down and go again. 

Black Sunday hurt, with a passion, for obvious reasons. 

Reading was a sign of things to come

Stoke more so, at Wembley, where we thought we had a chance... Hurt more than anything

Let's all calm down, and see what happens. Brush it off. The lows allow us to appreciate the highs. Nobheads will be Nobheads, some of us have our day more often than others... But ultimately we share the same dreams, experience the same dramas, some of us have the same demons 

We all have the same undying, passionate love that we express in our own individual way. We will rise again, all of us together

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

If I'm honest, I'm still meh about the performance... I've kinda grown accustomed to it, and Saturday was a massive reality check. I've felt worse about a scoreline

However, I'm still grateful we're turning up week after week, and yeah we've got some dick heads (and in hindsight I'm far from proud of my overall behaviour on the day): but still, we dust ourselves down and go again. 

Stoke more so, at Wembley, where we thought we had a chance... Hurt more than anything

Let's all calm down, and see what happens. Brush it off. The lows allow us to appreciate the highs. Nobheads will be Nobheads, some of us have our day more often than others... But ultimately we share the same dreams, experience the same dramas, some of us have the same demons 

We all have the same undying, passionate love that we express in our own individual way. We will rise again, all of us together

Well said sir

Its if you was writing that for myself

We are in remission, it's going to happen now and then, but im being realistic.  Sod it, it's yesterday's newspaper, it's gone.  Anyhow, I think I need to put this air con on because it's fcuking boiling over here, I just hope the waves of the Caribbean calm down a bit 😉 couldn't get the game on, me and three family members sat in front of my iPad with Wanderers shirts on totally pissed off, but the coconut rums helped to deadened the pain.  COYFWM

16 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Worse bit for me on Saturday, apart from the result, was a bloke kicking the cones onto the middle of the road as we were approaching the ground (before the match), I put them back and a couple of mates asked him to stop being a cock and give it up and why the fuck are you doing that, his response was "because I fucking can" ... fucking bearded cock womble whose actions were completely pointless. 

Saturday was a waste of time and needs erasing from the mind as quick as possible, but unfortunately that defeat is going to be etched on the brain for a long time. Let's just hope Chino Keith has learned something from that disaster.

Or the prick who couldn't be arsed going back into the marquee to queue for a piss, so pushed a big hole in the dry stone wall of the house next door so he could go and piss in their garden?

10 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

+1 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Traf said:

Or the prick who couldn't be arsed going back into the marquee to queue for a piss, so pushed a big hole in the dry stone wall of the house next door so he could go and piss in their garden?

Fucking obnoxious twat. Definitely needs shit posting through his letterbox.

• The topic was unpinned
17 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

After the red card I kind of accepted that we were going lose. Possibly by a lot. Didn’t see 7-1 though. We just don’t have the players to see a game like that through. It’s where we are at. Get on top of a game and we are free-flowing, confident and on the front foot. Early setback like the red card and we don’t have the experience or leaders to shut the game down. And I don’t think that Hill knows yet what to do with his squad in that situation. He’s still working out who can offer what when these things happen

It was a blip. A bad blip. But after getting giddy after a few wins a reality check. We will get horribly dicked again before the season ends but will also go on the odd run now and again. BipolarWays for the rest of the season 

Not looking forward to our next away game at Posh.  I'd take a 3-1 defeat now.  Its the Wimbledon and Southend games that matter if we're going to make a fight of it.