Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

Okocha10

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Traf said:

I can't help but think that the EFL are hanging fire until they can give us a punishment that doesn't really affect us.

Last season they dithered over penalising Birmingham for financial irregularities and waited until it was highly unlikely they's make the play offs before deducting points. They then didn't impose the maximum penalty to ensure Birmingham weren't dragged into a relegation fight, so the only real penalty they suffered was a few league places.

Aye, but when is that, Traf?

Until we're mathematically certain to go down? Surely even these cunts can't wait so long?

It's just made up as it goes along.

It would be so unfair for FV to be penalised for the shitstorm from last season. It doesn't encourage any consortium to attempt a recovery on any club. We helped the FL by fulfilling fixtures earlier this season when we knew that we were going to get twatted. That's a fucking big punishment already IMO.

Doncaster game is a bit more contentious but there's a good argument regarding their guidelines etc.

It's like a slow torture for us & it needs fucking sorting out.

42 minutes ago, Traf said:

I can't help but think that the EFL are hanging fire until they can give us a punishment that doesn't really affect us.

Last season they dithered over penalising Birmingham for financial irregularities and waited until it was highly unlikely they's make the play offs before deducting points. They then didn't impose the maximum penalty to ensure Birmingham weren't dragged into a relegation fight, so the only real penalty they suffered was a few league places.

i'm told we've got a 6 point deduction, with 12 points suspended, should we do similar again

see what happens, thought it'd have been issued by now

Edited by L/H White

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

some fans are nobs

some stewards are nobs

but the way some of those fans reacted on saturday was surely instigated by a steward?

I'm sure the stewards would have left them alone had they not set off a smoke bomb before the game even kicked off and then a few of them tried getting over the netting (no idea what they'd have been planning on doing after that point with so much distance to get across to ESL!)

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

some fans are nobs

some stewards are nobs

but the way some of those fans reacted on saturday was surely instigated by a steward?

Those stewards are known as a reaction team. They react to folk being dicks. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Those stewards are known as a reaction team. They react to folk being dicks. 

i have no doubt the fans are being dicks.

but i watch a fan square up to a steward then swing at him.. there must have been some provocation. which is what i thought at the time.

and the complaint today surely shows there is something amiss from the usual?

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i have no doubt the fans are being dicks.

but i watch a fan square up to a steward then swing at him.. there must have been some provocation. which is what i thought at the time.

and the complaint today surely shows there is something amiss from the usual?

From my perspective, they let the flair off and shortly after a bloke was taken out. I would assume CCTV picked out the individual responsible. From then on, the group of supporters were constantly giving it the big un and on occasions throwing punches. They got some back; tough.

One mon crossed the netting and was challenging the stewards, in the end his mate's dragged him back. He was quite fortunate not to be lobbed out too, so some restraint was shown by the stewards.

Frankly some absolute nobbish behaviour fro the Fleetwood fans. Got what they deserved.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

From my perspective, they let the flair off and shortly after a bloke was taken out. I would assume CCTV picked out the individual responsible. From then on, the group of supporters were constantly giving it the big un and on occasions throwing punches. They got some back; tough.

One mon crossed the netting and was challenging the stewards, in the end his mate's dragged him back. He was quite fortunate not to be lobbed out too, so some restraint was shown by the stewards.

Frankly some absolute nobbish behaviour fro the Fleetwood fans. Got what they deserved.

That's pretty much what I saw. The lad in tbe navy blue shirt had earlier been the one swinging towards a steward. The Fleetwood fans were hell bent on causing shit.  

None of then older than about 20. Fuck em.

44 minutes ago, Mantra said:

What a win on Saturday. I was Absolutely shatting my pants when they scored, especially as they were in the ascendency and missed a sitter a few minutes before. 

Even with our depleted squad we look like a proper team now!  One that can score, defend and dig deep too. It’s wonderful to see.

Keith Hill deserves plaudits for his work so far, and even though he chats mad shit in interviews he reminds me of an eccentric history teacher that would go on pleasant tangents in lessons and you could listen to him all day. Never telling you off because he dislikes you but just that he wants the best for you. If I was a player I’d be buzzing to have a manager like him.

Can only pray we stay up because I fear we would lose some of the gems from this year should we drop into League Two. Eg Chicksen, Crawford, Dodoo...

Speaking of which - Dodoo is fast becoming one of my favourite players, seems to have it in him to beat a man or create something from nothing and his versatility being able to play winger or up top is so useful.

Zouma - what a man! Sure he can look shaky at times but he will improve. If it was adam Senior or Sonny Graham they wouldn’t get half as much shit as he’s got. He’s definitely one of our best young players and needs our full support. Calling him a donkey etc. is just plain unfair.

Ogrady, pleasantly surprised with the guy, makes good decisions and knows how to play to his own strengths, literally. Top performance!

Anyway I could praise them endlessly.

So so happy. Turning point in the season. Huge games coming up against the teams around us.

Believe!

Forget the deductions, trust in the team and the manager, and be that 12th man. 

COYFW!!!!!!!

Well put 👍

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Forget the deductions, trust in the team and the manager, and be that 12th man. 

Very difficult to ignore the spectre of further points deduction. The EFL are arses and will relish holding so much power over a single club. Just as they did over Bury; punish the current regime and fans rather than the ones who caused the shit storm in the first place. 

• Site Supporter

Looked earlier, think it's just Peterbrough of the top 8 we haven't played - we've taken almost as many points off them as they have us which suggests we are very close to getting it right - now if we can get 4 or 5 lads out the treatment room too to give us options, we'll be fine

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Very difficult to ignore the spectre of further points deduction. The EFL are arses and will relish holding so much power over a single club. Just as they did over Bury; punish the current regime and fans rather than the ones who caused the shit storm in the first place. 

Get what you’re saying but my point is that it’s out of our hands and we should just enjoy the ride.

Hoping for some momentum now to carry us through to January window!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Get what you’re saying but my point is that it’s out of our hands and we should just enjoy the ride.

Hoping for some momentum now to carry us through to January window!

Quite right. No point bothering over something we can't control.

FV can do that, with lawyers, if they see fit.

Team and fans just kick on.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Absolutely agree. It will be what it will be but I hate that EFL hold all the cards. 

On the face of it they do. I'm still not convinced that discussions didn't take place between them and fv prior to the takeover.

If the punishment is particularly strong, I really could see them looking for legal recourse.

39 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Thursday apparently.

The sooner the better, but really must be before the transfer window opens. That is not just for our sakes, but for the integrity of the league, particularly those teams who will be battling it out with us in a presumed relegation struggle.